Supporting Local Agricultural and Farming Sectors
We believe that sourcing our ingredients locally provides huge benefits to local producers. Here are the ways in which we support our community:
Volume of Catering
To date, Somerset Larder has served 3,375,972 meals at the main HPC site
Currently we use more than:
- 40,000 eggs and 30,000 local sausages every month
- 2,000 slices of bread every day.
- Our trained local baristas are serving in excess of 13,000 coffees from our four coffee shops and restaurants every month
- 33,000 teas and self serve beverages.
- Training is conducted in the south west and the coffee beans are roasted locally with a direct relationship with the producers/growers.
- To date, Somerset Larder has spent £16.67m on UK products and services – this will be more than £36m by project end.
- 95.25% of this spend is in the south west and more than £8.71m has been spent using Somerset based companies and producers.
- A total of 271 suppliers have been used to date and currently 96 are used on a monthly basis.
- 66.44% of this spend is on food products and producers.
- Somerset Larder directly employs 176 staff, more than 95% of which are SW & Somerset born/long term residents.
- 50% of our managers and 81% of our staff are female
We have removed all non-recyclable Somerset Larder produced packaging and to project end date will remove more than 2m single use cups from our operations.