- Regional Rural Business Centre, Market Way, North Petherton, Bridgwater, Somerset, United Kingdom
- Weekly Hours: 39
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Salaried Working Pattern: Full-time 5 Days Out of 7
- Contract Type.: Full-Time
South West Larder: Togetherness, Nurture, Pride, Planet
Full Time: 39 hours a week (06:00 – 14:00 or 10:00 – 18:00, to be agreed at interview stage)
Salary: £13.56 per hour
Location: North Petherton
Want to work for a company where Togetherness, Nurture, Pride and Planet are at the heart of everything they do? Then look no further, Somerset Larder produces fresh food and meals to go using locally sourced ingredients from all over the west country. Our philosophy is to nourish the community with amazing produce, to employ local people and to train apprentices for future careers in the catering and hospitality sector.
At Somerset Larder, our Values have been set by our staff. Our Values exist for the good of our working lives and company performance. Our Values are:
- Togetherness – “Be a tractor not a trailer.”
- Nurture – “You grow, I grow, we grow.”
- Pride – “We can and we will”
- Planet – “We’re part of a bigger picture”
Are you passionate about ensuring the highest standards of food safety and quality in a new food warehouse environment? We’re hiring motivated individuals to join our team at Somerset Larder.
Warehouse Operative – Food Catering (2 roles)
Responsibilities will include:
– Receiving deliveries and engaging with delivery drivers
– Storage management of chilled, frozen and ambient stock items
– Order picking in a timely period for our drivers to collect
– Delivery co-ordination
– Health and Safety practices including food safety
– Inventory control including stock taking practices
– Quality assurance of items
– Communication with colleagues and supervisors to ensure positive communications and practices
Our ideal candidates will have previous warehouse experience, good knowledge of health and safety regulations, basic computer skills and be able to move stock and deliveries with and without the use of trolleys. A forklift licence would be advantageous.
To assist with the safe and effective receipt, storage and dispatch of food and non-food supplies.
- Receiving Deliveries – Receive food deliveries, conducting rigorous quality checks to ensure compliance with food safety standards. Work closely with suppliers to maintain the integrity of our products.
- Storage Management – Safely store food items according to established food safety guidelines. Implement proper rotation methods to minimise waste and preserve the freshness and safety of our inventory.
- Order Picking – Precisely pick and pack orders, adhering to food safety protocols throughout the process. Utilise inventory management systems to maintain accurate records and uphold product quality during handling. Respond positively to ad-hoc amendment requests.
- Delivery Co-ordination – Work closely with delivery driver colleagues to ensure the secure and safe transportation of orders to catering units. Adhere to stringent hygiene practices during loading and unloading.
- Health and Safety Practices – Enforce and adhere to health and safety standards in the warehouse and associated areas. Regularly inspect equipment, report any safety concerns promptly, and actively participate in ongoing food safety, and health & safety training and procedures.
- Inventory Control – Conduct regular food safety checks, assist in routine audits, and promptly report any deviations. Maintain an organised inventory system that aligns with food safety principles.
- Quality Assurance – Monitor and uphold product quality at every stage, implementing measures to prevent cross-contamination, spoilage and wastage. Report any food safety concerns promptly and work to continuously improve safety measures.
- Communication – Foster effective communication with team members, suppliers, and delivery personnel regarding food safety practices. Collaborate with other departments to ensure a comprehensive approach to food safety and zero harm.
- Driving – Support the transport team with occasional deliveries to other depots and sites when required
Our Ideal candidate will have the following characteristics in line with our values
· Ability to work as part of a team
· A flexible approach to working hours
· Be supportive of colleagues
· Keen to learn on the job
· Hold Food Safety Level 2 (or be able to achieve on appointment)
· Be honest and trustworthy
· Able to work independently
· Have a can-do approach
· Hygienic approach and manner
· Committed to zero harm and sustainable practices
- Food safety 2 qualification (or able to achieve within 28 days of commencing)
- Health & safety level 1 qualification (or able to achieve within 28 days of commencing)
- Full UK Driving Licence is essential
South West Larder offers a generous benefits package which includes:
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Christmas Shutdown
- Flexible shift options
- Ongoing Learning, Development & Training
- Access to Occupational Health
- Cycle Scheme
- Pension Scheme (5% matched)
- Comprehensive health and safety training