South West Larder: Togetherness, Nurture, Pride, Planet
|Full Time: 39 Hours per week
Location: Hinkley Point C
Want to work for a company where Togetherness, Nurture, Pride and Planet are at the heart of everything they do? Then look no further, Somerset Larder produces fresh food and meals to go using locally sourced ingredients from all over the west country. Our philosophy is to nourish the community with amazing produce, to employ local people and to train apprentices for future careers in the catering and hospitality sector.
At Somerset Larder, our Values have been set by our staff. Our Values exist for the good of our working lives and company performance. Our Values are:
- Togetherness – “Be a tractor not a trailer.”
- Nurture – “You grow, I grow, we grow.”
- Pride – “We can and we will”
- Planet – “We’re part of a bigger picture”
Overall Purpose of the Job:
To lead supply chain operations to ensure all food and drink consumables and associated items are ordered, stored and distributed in a timely manner and with adherence to food safety, hygiene and Contract standards.
Procurement, Operations and Planning
- To forecast, plan and manage all food and beverage stock to ensure the effective procurement, timely arrival, safe management and timely distribution to Units.
- To place orders with approved suppliers, in line with company requirements and agreed processes, adjusting orders to account for supply chain issues and product availability.
- To plan, schedule and oversee daily deliveries to Units, working to a just-in-time approach and ensuring deliveries at agreed times.
- To operate with the ethos of reducing waste (e.g. wasteful practices and expired/wasted goods) through effective stock rotation and stock management practices.
- To ensure the safe movement of equipment and resources, including the collection and return of all used equipment (trolleys, trays etc) and ‘leftover’ goods.
- To build relationships with the suppliers, WSH group procurement and supply chain director (and team).
- To ensure best value for WSH, SWL and Clients.
- To oversee and manage the storage of all food and drink items (e.g. dry, chilled and frozen goods) ensuring appropriate and safe systems, stock management and record keeping.
- To oversee the receipt and check off process for food and drink deliveries, ensuring all health and hygiene requirements are met, and HACCP regulations achieved.
- To ensure the security and maintenance of storage rooms (including fridges/freezers), the safekeeping of equipment, and the reporting of any faults for remedial action
- To oversee the monthly stocktake, ensuring high levels of accuracy and timely completion.
- To liaise regularly with HPC site stock supervisor on the setting of PAR stock levels to ensure no over/under stocking and make appropriate adjustments to orders and deliveries.
- To work collaboratively with managers, team members and contractors, ensuring information sharing and accurate record keeping.
- To liaise with the management team across business areas for the requirements of the stores/delivery operation on a day-to-day and weekly-planning basis.
- To communicate operational needs to and from team members.
- To produce required management reporting against Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- To analyse data sets and information to identify and implement improvements in practice to improve efficiencies and effectiveness.
- To prepare, review and present analytical information for operational management and improvement purposes and to Client.
- To consider national trends and sector/industry benchmarks and seek to improve practices through procedural revisions.
- To line manage and develop team members, ensuring professional staff conduct and performance including informal and formal practices and the implementation of policies, procedures and practices.
- To recruit, induct and train the stores/delivery staff on agreed standards and procedures.
- To ensure all team members achieve high levels of personal hygiene and professional appearance, including work clothing, safety footwear standards.
Equipment and Resources
- To liaise with the Transport Manager to ensure all company vehicles are maintained in a clean, hygienic, safe and well maintained condition at all times.
- To use a range of equipment and resources to complete job duties to high standards of safety and hygiene.
- An understanding of food storage and delivery procedures on a similar scope and scale, including stock rotation and stock management.
- An understanding of requisitions, delivery notes and invoices and their inter-relatedness within stock management
- Analytical with an understanding of trends, data and current industry practices
- Experience in supply chain/logistics/operations/procurement
- Proactive self starter possessing creativity and innovative style
- Able to prioritise own workload and support team members to achieve to deadlines
- Responsible and accountable for achievement of job objectives and business agenda
- Supervisory management experience
- Good written and verbal communication
- Proven negotiating skills
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office products) and stock management/ordering systems
- Numerate and financially aware
- Able to achieve and maintain Client (HPC) Site Badge requirements
- A good understanding of health & safety issues through appropriate training and practice including HACCP, TACCP and manual handling. (Desirable)
- Hospitality sector experience (Desirable)
- Membership of the Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) (Desirable)
- Fork Lift licence training (or complete within 3 months) (Desirable)
- Good understanding of Lifting Operations Load Equipment Regulations (Desirable)
Our Ideal candidate will have the following characteristics in line with our values
- Ability to work as part of a team
- A flexible approach to working hours
- Be supportive of colleagues
- Keen to learn on the job
- Hold Food Safety Level 2 (or be able to achieve on appointment)
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Able to work independently
- Have a can-do approach
- Hygienic approach and manner
- Committed to zero harm and sustainable practices
- Health & Safety qualification (IOSH/NEBOSH or equivalent within 6-12 months)
- Food Safety 2 qualification (gained within 14 days of joining)
- Food Safety 4 qualification (gained within a reasonable period) (Desirable)
South West Larder offers a generous benefits package which includes:
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Ongoing Learning, Development & Training
- Access to Occupational Health
- Cycle Scheme
- Pension Scheme (5% matched)
- Free Meal on Shift
Successful applicants will be required to provide a three-year employment history and five-year address history in order to work on Hinkley Point C. They must be able to provide in date photographic ID and their right to work in the UK so that security clearance can be obtained as these roles are based on a nuclear regulated site.Back to Work With Us