South West Larder: Togetherness, Nurture, Pride, Planet
Full Time: 39 hours per week
Salary: £13.56 per hour
Location: HPC, Wellington, Avonmouth, North Petherton.
Want to work for a company where Togetherness, Nurture, Pride and Planet are at the heart of everything they do? Then look no further, Somerset Larder produces fresh food and meals to go using locally sourced ingredients from all over the west country. Our philosophy is to nourish the community with amazing produce, to employ local people and to train apprentices for future careers in the catering and hospitality sector.
At Somerset Larder, our Values have been set by our staff. Our Values exist for the good of our working lives and company performance. Our Values are:
- Togetherness – “Be a tractor not a trailer.”
- Nurture – “You grow, I grow, we grow.”
- Pride – “We can and we will”
- Planet – “We’re part of a bigger picture”
This is a multi-location role; successful candidates must be willing to travel and have a flexible approach to working hours.
Reporting to the Chef Manager, you will be a key member of the back of house team, ensuring the Chefs have the support they need each day to create thousands of meals to an exceptional quality standard. You will assist with food preparation, so some previous experience of handling food or preparing food in a restaurant environment would be incredibly valuable in this role, as you’ll also assist with storing raw materials in their correct locations. Alongside this, you’ll help keep the kitchen clean and tidy, cleaning equipment, crockery, and cutlery to an extremely high standard, so you’ll need to have a conscientious and adaptable attitude towards your working day.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- To assist Chef’s in the preparation and cooking of food required.
- Take delivery of stock including food/provision, checking and accounting for such items.
- Act as Banksman, and other such job specific operations as required.
- To support cleaning, periodic cleaning and deep cleaning as required.
- To ensure all food is handled in accordance with the standards specified in the Food Safety & Quality Management System.
- To ensure all food is handled in accordance with the standards specified in the Food Safety & Quality Management System
- To ensure all waste is removed promptly and placed in the correct waste containers in accordance with site waste management plan.
- To ensure all work is carried out in accordance with the relevant H&S legislation and Codes of Practice.
- Carry out projects or other tasks as requested by the Unit Manager/Chef Manager.
Our Ideal candidate will have the following characteristics in line with our values
· Ability to work as part of a team
· A flexible approach to working hours
· Be supportive of colleagues
· Keen to learn on the job
· Hold Food Safety Level 2 (or be able to achieve on appointment)
· Be honest and trustworthy
· Able to work independently
· Have a can-do approach
· Hygienic approach and manner
· Committed to zero harm and sustainable practices
- Full, UK driving licence and have at least 12 months driving experience and no more than 6 points.
- Level 2 Food Safety Qualification (Desirable)
- Level 2 H & S Qualification (Desirable)
- First Aid Certificate (Desirable)
- Organisational skills
- Interpersonal skills including clear concise communication.
- Previous experience working in a catering/kitchen environment
- Gain insight in to the NNB way of working, with understanding for the need of enhanced security and vetting procedures.
- HPC Lanyard/badge always maintained.
- Full driving licence and willing/able to drive on site at HPC (training available)
- Car owner or access to vehicle
South West Larder offers a generous benefits package which includes:
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Christmas Shutdown (Location Dependent)
- Flexible shift options
- Ongoing Learning, Development & Training
- Access to Occupational Health
- Cycle Scheme
- Pension Scheme (5% matched)
- Free Meal on Shift
- Extra Hour pay per day for using the HPC bus service
Successful applicants will be required to provide a three-year employment history and five-year address history in order to work on Hinkley Point C. They must be able to provide in date photographic ID and their right to work in the UK so that security clearance can be obtained as these roles are based on a nuclear regulated site.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.Back to Work With Us