South West Larder: Togetherness, Nurture, Pride, Planet
Full Time: 39 hours per week
Salary: £13.56 per hour
Location: HPC, Wellington, Avonmouth, North Petherton.
Want to work for a company where Togetherness, Nurture, Pride and Planet are at the heart of everything they do? Then look no further, Somerset Larder produces fresh food and meals to go using locally sourced ingredients from all over the west country. Our philosophy is to nourish the community with amazing produce, to employ local people and to train apprentices for future careers in the catering and hospitality sector.
At Somerset Larder, our Values have been set by our staff. Our Values exist for the good of our working lives and company performance. Our Values are:
- Togetherness – “Be a tractor not a trailer.”
- Nurture – “You grow, I grow, we grow.”
- Pride – “We can and we will”
- Planet – “We’re part of a bigger picture”
This is a multi-location role; successful candidates must be willing to travel and have a flexible approach to working hours.
You will assist the Catering Supervisors and Chef Managers in all aspects of food service, including taking payment for food and drinks and cleaning equipment as required.
With an excellent eye for detail and high health and safety standards, you will ensure all food is handled in accordance with the standards set by our Food Safety & Quality management system. Alongside this, you will be responsible for delivering and maintaining excellent stock control skills and carry out and record any checks required on behalf of the Chef Manager or Catering Supervisor.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Assist Chef’s and Front of House Manager in the preparation and cooking of food
- Serve meals, snacks & drinks including taking payments.
- Clean all equipment, crockery & cutlery as required.
- Support, operate and provide service in areas including but not limited to: Serveries, Retail, Hospitality, Functions, Coffee Shops.
- Ensure all food is handled in accordance with the standards specified in the Food Safety & Quality Management System
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with the relevant H&S legislation and Codes of Practice.
- Participate in ongoing professional development and training that may include off-site and occasionally overnight travel.
- Ensure all raw materials and packaging materials are stored in the correct areas of the site.
- Embrace and actively participate in the Zero Harm culture.
Our Ideal candidate will have the following characteristics in line with our values
· Ability to work as part of a team
· A flexible approach to working hours
· Be supportive of colleagues
· Keen to learn on the job
· Hold Food Safety Level 2 (or be able to achieve on appointment)
· Be honest and trustworthy
· Able to work independently
· Have a can-do approach
· Hygienic approach and manner
· Committed to zero harm and sustainable practices
- Full, UK driving licence and have at least 12 months driving experience and no more than 6 points.
- Level 2 Food Safety Qualification (Desirable)
- Level 2 H & S Qualification (Desirable)
- First Aid Certificate (Desirable)
- Customer Care and Customer Service experience, preferably in a Catering environment – candidate must have the ability to communicate positively and confidently about Somerset Larder and HPC Contract to our consumers and clients.
- Problem solving skills, ability to see the ‘end game’ and work around particular hurdles placed at short notice.
- Gain insight in to the NNB particular way of working, with understanding for the need of enhanced security and vetting procedures.
- Ability to use and understand Cash, Cash Handling, EPOS and Cashless systems.
- Previous Large Catering experience. (Desirable)
- Previous responsibility for stock and cash management control (Desirable)
- HPC Lanyard/badge always maintained.
- Full driving licence and willing/able to drive on site at HPC (training available)
- Car owner or access to vehicle
South West Larder offers a generous benefits package which includes:
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Christmas Shutdown (Location Dependent)
- Flexible shift options
- Ongoing Learning, Development & Training
- Access to Occupational Health
- Cycle Scheme
- Pension Scheme (5% matched)
- Free Meal on Shift
- Extra Hour pay per day for using the HPC bus service
Successful applicants will be required to provide a three-year employment history and five-year address history in order to work on Hinkley Point C. They must be able to provide in date photographic ID and their right to work in the UK so that security clearance can be obtained as these roles are based on a nuclear regulated site.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.Back to Work With Us