South West Larder: Togetherness, Nurture, Pride, Planet
Full Time: 39 hours per week
Salary: £17.92 per hour
Location: Bridgwater, Wellington and Avonmouth
Want to work for a company where Togetherness, Nurture, Pride and Planet are at the heart of everything they do? Then look no further, Somerset Larder produces fresh food and meals to go using locally sourced ingredients from all over the west country. Our philosophy is to nourish the community with amazing produce, to employ local people and to train apprentices for future careers in the catering and hospitality sector.
At Somerset Larder, our Values have been set by our staff. Our Values exist for the good of our working lives and company performance. Our Values are:
- Togetherness – “Be a tractor not a trailer.”
- Nurture – “You grow, I grow, we grow.”
- Pride – “We can and we will”
- Planet – “We’re part of a bigger picture”
This is a multi-location role; successful candidates must be willing to travel and have a flexible approach to working hours.
Key Areas of Responsibilities
- Carry out all on site catering activities under the direction of the Head Chef / Catering Operations Manager / Site Supervisors.
- Ensure all food service provision is carried out in accordance with all aspects of the Somerset Larder Food Safety & Quality Management System and any relevant legal requirements.
- To ensure all food is produced on time to the required quality standards.
- To ensure catering provision is carried out cost effectively with product rejects and waste within agreed limits.
- To organise and/ or carry out all production staff training
- To ensure all work is carried out in accordance to the relevant H&S legislation and Codes of Practice, together with any specific on-site requirements of key customers.
- To organise the ordering of all raw materials, packaging, consumables and cleaning chemicals as and when required.
- To ensure all incoming raw materials and packaging when delivered is in accordance with the specifications and is stored in the correct areas of the site.
- To ensure all quality records are completed accurately and on time.
- To ensure all traceability requirements are fully complied with.
- Carry out specific food service tasks as required.
- Assist the Head Chef / Catering Operations Manager / Site Supervisors in the preparation of the relevant aspects of the company budget.
- Carry out projects or other tasks as requested by the Head Chef / Catering Operations Manager / Site Supervisors.
- Complete Training as commensurate with the role.
Our Ideal candidate will have the following characteristics in line with our values
· Ability to work as part of a team
· A flexible approach to working hours
· Be supportive of colleagues
· Keen to learn on the job
· Hold Food Safety Level 2 (or be able to achieve on appointment)
· Be honest and trustworthy
· Able to work independently
· Have a can-do approach
· Hygienic approach and manner
· Committed to zero harm and sustainable practices
- City & Guilds 706/1 & 2, NVQ Level 1 & 2 or Commis Chef Level 2.
- Full, UK driving licence and have at least 12 months driving experience and no more than 6 points.
- Banksman training
- First aid trained Level 2 Food Safety Qualification
- Level 2 H & S Qualification (Desirable)
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required
- Good general education and numeracy skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills including clear concise communication.
- Relevant catering experience commensurate with position
- Cooking experience of fresh foods
- Experience of Food Safety Management/ HACCP systems operation
- Gain insight in to the NNB particular way of working, with understanding for the need of enhanced security and vetting procedures.
- Previous Large Catering experience.
- Fully flexible i.e. multi-location, multi-unit, multi-time and multi-day
- HPC Lanyard/badge maintained at all times
- Full driving licence and willing/able to drive to multiple locations (Bridgwater, Wellington and Avonmouth)
South West Larder offers a generous benefits package which includes:
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Flexible shift options
- Ongoing Learning, Development & Training
- Access to Occupational Health
- Cycle Scheme
- Pension Scheme (5% matched)
- Free Meal on Shift
- Extra Hour pay per day for using the HPC bus service
Successful applicants will be required to provide a three-year employment history and five-year address history in order to work on Hinkley Point C. They must be able to provide in date photographic ID and their right to work in the UK so that security clearance can be obtained as these roles are based on a nuclear regulated site.Back to Work With Us