South West Larder: Togetherness, Nurture, Pride, Planet
Full Time: 39 hours per week, Mon-Fri, 1 day per week at College
Location: North Petherton
Want to work for a company where Togetherness, Nurture, Pride and Planet are at the heart of everything they do? Then look no further, Somerset Larder produces fresh food and meals to go using locally sourced ingredients from all over the west country. Our philosophy is to nourish the community with amazing produce, to employ local people and to train apprentices for future careers in the catering and hospitality sector.
At Somerset Larder, our Values have been set by our staff. Our Values exist for the good of our working lives and company performance. Our Values are:
- Togetherness – “Be a tractor not a trailer.”
- Nurture – “You grow, I grow, we grow.”
- Pride – “We can and we will”
- Planet – “We’re part of a bigger picture”
Interviews to take place on Thursday 27th July in person – Candidates must be available
We are looking for a keen individual interested in developing a career in HR, this is a great opportunity to learn on the job within a team of people who are happy to train and support you within the role allowing you to reach your full potential.
You will spend one day per week at college and the other four days in a busy head office alongside our diverse HR team.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
Recruitment & Onboarding
- Assist with job advertisement creation and posting on relevant platforms and onboarding
- Assist the planning and attendance at recruitment jobs fairs and attend such events
- Complete onboarding, right to work and vetting tasks with accuracy and pace, including for Tier 2 contractors.
- Prepare employment contracts, offer letters, and other HR documentation and issue and follow up for returned contracts.
- Assist with the preparation of HR reports and presentations.
- Receive, scan and distribute documentation through paper and digital copy. Update databases, spreadsheets and HR systems with accuracy and timeliness.
Learning & Development
- Assist in organising training and development for team members and managers.
- Maintain training records and update the learning management system.
- Support apprenticeship arrangements across the business, including liaison with apprentices, mentors, managers and training providers.
- Support employees, trade union reps and supervisors/managers to access updated HR policy information.
- Support staff consultations sessions on a range of topics, including wellbeing, organisational development/change practices, flexible working and contractual changes. Maintain records of meetings to include meeting notes, diary dates and attendees.
Reward & Recognition
- Support a range of pay, reward and benefits administration tasks including liaising with benefit providers such as the Cycle Scheme, EAP and Wellbeing plans.
- Work with the payroll administrator to understand payroll, time and attendance systems and to support some elements of payroll, growing in depth and breadth over a period.
Our Ideal candidate will have the following characteristics in line with our values
- Ability to work as part of a team
- A flexible approach to working hours
- Be supportive of colleagues
- Keen to learn on the job
- Hold Food Safety Level 2 (or be able to achieve on appointment)
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Able to work independently
- Have a can-do approach
- Hygienic approach and manner
- Committed to zero harm and sustainable practices
- Has a good general understanding of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Good awareness of the expectations of customer service, hospitality or administration
- Able to use the telephone confidently (training and coaching available)
- Able to use a computer keyboard to type documents and use spreadsheets
- Good knowledge of the English language
- Competent at spelling
- Good attention to detail
- Takes pride in their work
- Ability to be organised, on time and be flexible in their approach to work
- Adopts a positive “can do” approach to work tasks, job requirements
- Demonstrates initiative and a problem solving approach
- Behaves as an ambassador for the HR team and the Company Values
- Confident and professional communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Able to work independently and within a team setting
- Is sensitive to the needs of others and upholds confidentiality at all times
- Able to handle confidential and sensitive information with professionalism and discretion
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Effective time management and prioritization skills
- GCSE or equivalent Maths & English at Grade C/Level 4 or above (required) or a level 2 in literacy/numeracy (or equivalent)
- Able to meet the entry requirements for the Level 3 in HR Support apprenticeship standard
- Able to achieve access to Client sites through the onboarding procedures and to maintain a Access Control Pass (ACP)
South West Larder offers a generous benefits package which includes:
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Christmas Shutdown (location dependant)
- Flexible shift options
- Ongoing Learning, Development & Training
- Access to Occupational Health
- Cycle Scheme
- Pension Scheme (5% matched)
- Free Meal on Shift
Successful applicants will be required to provide a three-year employment history and five-year address history in order to work on Hinkley Point C. They must be able to provide in date photographic ID and their right to work in the UK so that security clearance can be obtained as these roles are based on a nuclear regulated site.Back to Work With Us