South West Larder: Togetherness, Nurture, Pride, Planet
Full Time: 39 hours per week
Salary: £12.11 per hour
Location: Hinkley Point C
Want to work for a company where Togetherness, Nurture, Pride and Planet are at the heart of everything they do? Then look no further, Somerset Larder produces fresh food and meals to go using locally sourced ingredients from all over the west country. Our philosophy is to nourish the community with amazing produce, to employ local people and to train apprentices for future careers in the catering and hospitality sector.
At Somerset Larder, our Values have been set by our staff. Our Values exist for the good of our working lives and company performance. Our Values are:
- Togetherness – “Be a tractor not a trailer.”
- Nurture – “You grow, I grow, we grow.”
- Pride – “We can and we will”
Planet – “We’re part of a bigger picture”
- To assist Chef’s in the preparation and cooking of food if required
- To clean all equipment, crockery & cutlery as required.
- Take delivery of stock including food/provision, checking and accounting for such items.
- Act as Banksman, and other such job specific operations as required.
- To support cleaning, periodic cleaning and deep cleaning as required.
- Clean ancillary equipment to support catering operation, including but not limited to – Trailers, Vehicles, Plant and Machinery.
- To ensure all food is handled in accordance with the standards specified in the Food Safety & Quality Management System
- To ensure all waste is removed promptly and placed in the correct waste containers in accordance with site waste management plan.
- To carry out tasks in the most efficient manner.
- To participate as a HACCP Team member if required
- To ensure all work is carried out in accordance with the relevant H&S legislation and Codes of Practice.
- Participate in ongoing professional development and training that may include off-site.
- To ensure all raw materials and packaging materials are stored in the correct areas of the site.
- Where relevant, carry out activities required by the accredited FSQMS i.e. cleaning schedule
- To receive deliveries and check supplier invoices in accordance with the company systems/procedures.
- Carry out projects or other tasks as requested by the Unit Manager/Chef Manager.
- Embrace and actively participate in the Zero Harm culture.
Our Ideal candidate will have the following characteristics in line with our values
· Ability to work as part of a team
· A flexible approach to working hours
· Be supportive of colleagues
· Keen to learn on the job
· Hold Food Safety Level 2 (or be able to achieve on appointment)
· Be honest and trustworthy
· Able to work independently
· Have a can-do approach
· Hygienic approach and manner
· Committed to zero harm and sustainable practices
- Full, UK driving licence and have at least 12 months driving experience and no more than 6 points. (Desirable)
- Level 2 Food Safety Qualification (Desirable)
- Level 2 H & S Qualification (Desirable)
- First Aid Certificate (Desirable)
South West Larder offers a generous benefits package which includes:
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Christmas Shutdown
- Flexible shift options
- Ongoing Learning, Development & Training
- Access to Occupational Health
- Cycle Scheme
- Pension Scheme (5% matched)
- Free Meal on Shift
- Extra Hour pay per day for using the HPC bus service
Successful applicants will be required to provide a three-year employment history and five-year address history in order to work on Hinkley Point C. They must be able to provide in date photographic ID and their right to work in the UK so that security clearance can be obtained as these roles are based on a nuclear regulated site.Back to Work With Us