South West Larder: Togetherness, Nurture, Pride, Planet
Full Time: 39 hours per week Monday – Friday
Salary: £15.20 per hour
Location: Compass House, North Petherton
Want to work for a company where Togetherness, Nurture, Pride and Planet are at the heart of everything they do? Then look no further, Somerset Larder produces fresh food and meals to go using locally sourced ingredients from all over the west country. Our philosophy is to nourish the community with amazing produce, to employ local people and to train apprentices for future careers in the catering and hospitality sector.
At Somerset Larder, our Values have been set by our staff. Our Values exist for the good of our working lives and company performance. Our Values are:
- Togetherness – “Be a tractor not a trailer.”
- Nurture – “You grow, I grow, we grow.”
- Pride – “We can and we will”
- Planet – “We’re part of a bigger picture”
Interviews to take place on Monday 7th August in person – Candidates must be available
We are recruiting for a full time HR Administrator to join our team in North Petherton, you will support across many areas of HR practice with administration tasks for our team members for recruitment, onboarding, learning and development, payroll, employee relations, reward and recognition and systems.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Recruitment & Onboarding
- Assist with job advertisement creation and posting on relevant platforms and onboarding
- Complete onboarding, right to work and vetting tasks with accuracy and pace, including for Tier 2 contractors.
- Maintain accurate employee records and HR systems, working proactively and diligently and with discretion.
- Receive, scan and distribute documentation through paper and digital copy. Update databases, spreadsheets and HR systems with accuracy and timeliness.
- Support the preparation of audit evidence and query resolution through methodical and timely response to audit requests.
Learning & Development
- Assist in organising training and development for team members and managers.
- Support apprenticeship arrangements across the business, including liaison with apprentices, mentors, managers and training providers.
- Maintain training records and update the learning management system.
- Support staff consultations sessions on a range of topics, including wellbeing, organisational development/change practices, flexible working and contractual changes. Maintain records of meetings to include meeting notes, diary dates and attendees.
- Support arrangements for family related absences (e.g. maternity, paternity), flexible working requests and jury service. Liaise with managers, team members and health & safety team.
Reward & Recognition
- Support a range of pay, reward and benefits administration tasks including liaising with benefit providers such as the Cycle Scheme, EAP and Wellbeing plans.
- Work with the payroll administrator to understand payroll, time and attendance systems and to support some elements of payroll, growing in depth and breadth over a period.
Our Ideal candidate will have the following characteristics in line with our values
- Ability to work as part of a team
- A flexible approach to working hours
- Be supportive of colleagues
- Keen to learn on the job
- Hold Food Safety Level 2 (or be able to achieve on appointment)
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Able to work independently
- Have a can-do approach
- Hygienic approach and manner
- Committed to zero harm and sustainable practices
- GCSE or equivalent Maths & English at Grade C/Level 4 or above (required) or a level 2 in literacy/numeracy (or equivalent)
- HR, Recruitment or Learning and Development qualification (desirable)
- Mental Health First Aider (desirable)
- First Aider (desirable)
- Able to achieve access to Client sites through the onboarding procedures and to maintain an Access Control Pass (ACP)
- Has a good general understanding of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Good awareness of the expectations of customer service, hospitality or administration
- Able to use the telephone confidently
- Able to use a computer keyboard to type documents and use spreadsheets
- Good knowledge of the English language
- Competent at spelling
- Good evidence of administration experience
- Experience from a previous HR/People, recruitment, payroll or learning and development position(s) (desirable)
- Good attention to detail
- Takes pride in their work
- Ability to be organised, on time and be flexible in their approach to work
- Adopts a positive “can do” approach to work tasks, job requirements
- Demonstrates initiative and a problem solving approach
- Behaves as an ambassador for the HR team and the Company Values
- Confident and professional communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Able to work independently and within a team setting
- Is sensitive to the needs of others and upholds confidentiality at all times
- Able to handle confidential and sensitive information with professionalism and discretion
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Effective time management and prioritisation skills
South West Larder offers a generous benefits package which includes:
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Christmas Shutdown
- Ongoing Learning, Development & Training
- Access to Occupational Health
- Cycle Scheme
- Pension Scheme (5% matched)
- Free Meal on Shift
Successful applicants will be required to provide a three-year employment history and five-year address history in order to work on Hinkley Point C. They must be able to provide in date photographic ID and their right to work in the UK so that security clearance can be obtained as these roles are based on a nuclear regulated site.Back to Work With Us