South West Larder: Togetherness, Nurture, Pride, Planet
Want to work for a company where Togetherness, Nurture, Pride and Planet are at the heart of everything they do? Then look no further, Somerset Larder produces fresh food and meals to go using locally sourced ingredients from all over the west country. Our philosophy is to nourish the community with amazing produce, to employ local people and to train apprentices for future careers in the catering and hospitality sector.
At Somerset Larder, our Values have been set by our staff. Our Values exist for the good of our working lives and company performance. Our Values are:
- Togetherness – “Be a tractor not a trailer.”
- Nurture – “You grow, I grow, we grow.”
- Pride – “We can and we will”
- Planet – “We’re part of a bigger picture”
- Lead and train team members on all safety and company compliances with regards to stock management and holding.
- Assist the Transport Manager/Operations Manager with the induction and training of stores/delivery staff on agreed standards and procedures.
- Instruct and co-ordinate colleagues in the proper performance and achievement of goods in and safe storage of stock.
- Work and liaise effectively and supportively with Somerset Larder colleagues and departments in the interests of contributing to a professional work environment.
- Liaise with the Chef Managers, Transport Manager and Unit Managers for the requirements of the stores/delivery operation on a day-to-day and weekly-planning basis.
- Co-ordinate with each Unit Manager/Chef Manager’s stock levels to ensure correct stocking based on usage over the previous 7 days.
- Arrange goods movements internally across site using Somerset Larder vehicles.
- Assist the Transport Manager/Operations Manager in ensuring all on-site vehicles are maintained to the required standards and that vehicle checks have been don ein accordance with Client requirements/standards.
- Collate all goods orders with agreed suppliers, in line with requirements and agreed processes.
- Ensure all stock and goods in operations within the catering outlets are carried out to the agreed standards for all customers and colleagues.
- Act as liaison and to accompany external delivery drivers, acting as guide and banksman across all HPC outlets.
- Assist in the receipting of goods electronically using Procure Wizard.
- Ensure cleanliness of all equipment, crockery and cutlery is upheld as required.
- Carry out cleaning duties as and when required
- Assist in completing the monthly stock taking within the stores.
Health, Safety, Environmental and Service:
- Complete the receipt and check or food goods deliveries, ensuring that the required tracking, quality, health and hygiene requirements are met, in line with FSMS procedures.
- Ensure the correct storage of delivered goods, ensuring that stock rotation and Health and Safety requirements are met.
- Support and ensure the daily deliveries to outlets around site are carried out within agreed timetables and to agreed quality and Health and Safety standards.
- Ensure all waste is removed promptly and placed in the correct waste containers in accordance with site waste management plan.
- Use electrical and hand-held equipment as required within the course of tasks and duties, following standard safety and hygiene procedures as agreed.
- Good knowledge and understanding of food storage and delivery procedures on a similar scope and scale, including ‘stock rotation’ and stock management.
- Previous experience in a catering/kitchen porter/stores role
- Good understanding of Health and Safety Issues through appropriate training and practice including compliances with a zero harm culture.
- Good understanding of the skills and approaches for supervising colleagues and achieving the best from team members.
- Able to guide, instruct and train team members in a range of stores, goods in and Health and Safety, cleaning and good practice.
- Food Safety 2 Certificate
- COSHH trained
- Allergens trained
- Manual Handling trained
- Full UK Driving License
- Trained in HACCP (Desirable)
- Trained as Banksman (Desirable)
South West Larder offers a generous benefits package which includes:
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Christmas Shutdown
- Flexible shift options
- Ongoing Learning, Development & Training
- Access to Occupational Health
- Cycle Scheme
- Pension Scheme (5% matched)
- Free Meal on Shift
- Extra Hour pay per day for using the HPC bus service
Successful applicants will be required to provide a three-year employment history and five-year address history in order to work on Hinkley Point C. They must be able to provide in date photographic ID and their right to work in the UK so that security clearance can be obtained as these roles are based on a nuclear regulated site.Back to Work With Us