- Sedgemoor Campus, Bath Road, Bridgwater, United Kingdom
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Contract Type.: Part-Time
South West Larder: Togetherness, Nurture, Pride, Planet
Salary: £12.11 per hour
Location: Sedgemoor Campus and Hinkley Campus
We are particularly interested in candidates who can work a range of shift times including:
04:45 – 11:15 and 17:30 – 22:30
18:00 – 23:00
We require team members to work the set shifts, over 7-days of the week and to work at both Campuses as per the rota.
We have a range of part-time hourly contracts. As part of your application, please state how many hours per week you are interested in working from 15 hours to 25 hours. In addition to contracted hours per week, we often have additional shifts available to cover absences or additional events.
We require our team members to work at both the Sedgemoor Campus and Hinkley Campus as part of a multi-skilled team. While we expect most shifts will be in the bar, we may also need team members to work in the restaurant, kitchen, pot wash/plate wash or stores – training will be provided.
Want to work for a company where Togetherness, Nurture, Pride and Planet are at the heart of everything they do? Then look no further, Somerset Larder produces fresh food and meals to go using locally sourced ingredients from all over the west country. Our philosophy is to nourish the community with amazing produce, to employ local people and to train apprentices for future careers in the catering and hospitality sector.
At Somerset Larder, our Values have been set by our staff. Our Values exist for the good of our working lives and company performance. Our Values are:
- Togetherness – “Be a tractor not a trailer.”
- Nurture – “You grow, I grow, we grow.”
- Pride – “We can and we will”
- Planet – “We’re part of a bigger picture”
- Serve customers with alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Use the till and card machines to take payment for drinks and other items
- Clean and tidy the bar areas, including tables, the bar and cellar areas
- Restock drinks and snacks
- Check dates on snacks and take appropriate action
- Wash glasses and replenish glassware
- Promote the range of bar snacks available to customers
- Engage with customers to ensure a positive and welcoming atmosphere
- Deal with waste, rubbish and recyclable items such as empty glass bottles etc
- Raise items or concerns to Supervisor or Manager promptly
- Assist Chef’s and Managers in the preparation and cooking of food
- Serve meals, snacks and drinks including taking payments.
- Clean all equipment, crockery and cutlery as required.
- Support, operate and provide service in areas including but not limited to: Serveries, Retail, Hospitality, Functions,
- Ensure all food is handled in accordance with the standards specified in the Food Safety & Quality Management System
- Carry out and record any checks specified by Management, and Supervisors
- Ensure all waste is removed promptly and placed in the correct waste containers in accordance with site waste management plan.
- Carry out tasks in the most efficient manner, taking into account any production or allergen constraints, to meet customer orders.
- Participate as a HACCP Team member if required
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with the relevant H&S legislation and Codes of Practice.
- Participate in ongoing professional development and training that may include off-site and occasionally overnight travel.
- Ensure all raw materials and packaging materials are stored in the correct areas of the site.
- Ensure all production and quality records are completed accurately and on time.
- Ensure all traceability requirements are fully complied with.
- Where relevant, carry out activities required by the accredited FSQMS.
- Receive deliveries and check supplier invoices in accordance with the company systems/procedures.
- Assist where necessary in collating traceability information.
- Carry out projects or other tasks as requested by the Site Manager.
- Embrace and actively participate in the Zero Harm culture.
Our Ideal candidate will have the following characteristics in line with our values
· Ability to work as part of a team
· A flexible approach to working hours
· Be supportive of colleagues
· Keen to learn on the job
· Hold Food Safety Level 2 (or be able to achieve on appointment)
· Be honest and trustworthy
· Able to work independently
· Have a can-do approach
· Hygienic approach and manner
· Committed to zero harm and sustainable practices
- Level 2 Food Safety Qualification (Desirable)
- Level 2 H & S Qualification (Desirable)
- First Aid Certificate (Desirable)
South West Larder offers a generous benefits package which includes:
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Christmas Shutdown
- Ongoing Learning, Development & Training
- Access to Occupational Health
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Cycle Scheme
- Pension Scheme (5% matched)
- Free food and drink during each shift
- Extra 1 hour of pay per day for using the HPC bus service when working at Hinkley Campus or HPC
Successful applicants will be required to provide a three-year employment history and five-year address history in order to work on Hinkley Point C. They must be able to provide in date photographic ID and their right to work in the UK so that security clearance can be obtained as these roles are based on a nuclear regulated site.Back to Work With Us