- The Bristol Port Company, St Andrew’s House, St Andrew’s Road, Avonmouth, Bristol, United Kingdom
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Contract Type.: Part-Time
South West Larder: Togetherness, Nurture, Pride, Planet
Want to work for a company where Togetherness, Nurture, Pride and Planet are at the heart of everything they do? Then look no further, Somerset Larder produces fresh food and meals to go using locally sourced ingredients from all over the west country. Our philosophy is to nourish the community with amazing produce, to employ local people and to train apprentices for future careers in the catering and hospitality sector.
At Somerset Larder, our Values have been set by our staff. Our Values exist for the good of our working lives and company performance. Our Values are:
- Togetherness – “Be a tractor not a trailer.”
- Nurture – “You grow, I grow, we grow.”
- Pride – “We can and we will”
- Planet – “We’re part of a bigger picture”
Part Time: 30 hours per week on a flexible shift pattern
Salary: £12.00 per hour, plus salary enhancements for weekend work
Location: Bristol Port/Avonmouth
You will assist the Catering Supervisors and Chef Managers in all aspects of food service, including taking payment for food and drinks and cleaning equipment as required.
With an excellent eye for detail and high health and safety standards, you will ensure all food is handled in accordance with the standards set by our Food Safety & Quality management system. Alongside this, you will be responsible for delivering and maintaining excellent stock control skills and carry out and record any checks required on behalf of the Chef Manager or Catering Supervisor.
You will be a polite and enthusiastic individual, with high standards for customer service and a ‘can do’ attitude. There are a variety of shift patterns available, however you will need a degree of flexibility as these range from 07:00 – 15:30.
We also love to invest in our staff, so you will receive training from the first week you start, including courses on Food Hygiene level 2, allergens training and fire safety. We’ll also look to develop you and encourage your growth through the business.
Our Ideal candidate will have the following characteristics in line with our values
· Ability to work as part of a team
· A flexible approach to working hours
· Be supportive of colleagues
· Keen to learn on the job
· Hold Food Safety Level 2 (or be able to achieve on appointment)
· Be honest and trustworthy
· Able to work independently
· Have a can-do approach
· Hygienic approach and manner
· Committed to zero harm and sustainable practices
- Level 2 Food Safety Qualification (Desirable)
- Level 2 H & S Qualification (Desirable)
- First Aid Certificate (Desirable)
South West Larder offers a generous benefits package which includes:
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Christmas Shutdown
- Flexible shift options
- Ongoing Learning, Development & Training
- Access to Occupational Health
- Cycle Scheme
- Pension Scheme (5% matched)
- Free Meal on Shift