Full Time: 39 hours per week on night shifts
Salary: £21.03 per hour, plus salary enhancements for weekend work
Location: Hinkley Point C
South West Larder: Togetherness, Nurture, Pride, Planet
Want to work for a company where Togetherness, Nurture, Pride and Planet are at the heart of everything they do? Then look no further, Somerset Larder produces fresh food and meals to go using locally sourced ingredients from all over the west country. Our philosophy is to nourish the community with amazing produce, to employ local people and to train apprentices for future careers in the catering and hospitality sector.
At Somerset Larder, our Values have been set by our staff. Our Values exist for the good of our working lives and company performance. Our Values are:
- Togetherness – “Be a tractor not a trailer.”
- Nurture – “You grow, I grow, we grow.”
- Pride – “We can and we will”
- Planet – “We’re part of a bigger picture”
Reporting to the Unit Manager, you will lead, motivate and supervise a team of General Catering Assistants. This is a varied role, with your supervision skills covering our serveries, retail shops and coffee outlets.
As someone who takes pride in their work, you will act as a role model for those in your team, by having high expectations of the customer service level provided by yourself and the General Catering Assistants. Health and Safety is incredibly important to us, so you’ll ensure all food is handled in line with the standards in our Food Safety & Quality Management System. As such, you’ll also need to act as a HACCP team member at times.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- To ‘set to work’ all General Assistants across the Unit/location at the start and during their shift.
- To ensure all staff are trained and competent, both with on-the-job training, task books and formal training.
- To deliver on-the-job instruction and coaching to team members on a range of day-to-day work tasks (e.g. till training, cleaning knowledge, portion control, dietary needs, menus, manual handling etc).
- To brief and communicate key messages, ensuring full understanding and competence.
- To monitor and provide feedback to team members daily, including recognition of good practice, and guidance to improve standards.
- To liaise with management to ensure formal follow up processes for any gaps in performance standards, attitude or attendance.
- To conduct 121s and regular reviews, and seek/give updates/clarity to Managers.
- To support team members with customer service skills and knowledge.
- To support the planning and checking of a range of management tasks, such as rostering, timesheets, orders, stock control and audits.
- To monitor, supervise and close work conducted by Tier 2 contractors within catering operations, i.e. maintenance, EPOS, etc (Aspens etc).
- To carry out a range of catering activities under the direction of Managers, including but not limited to serveries, retail shops and coffee outlets.
- To ensure all food service provision is carried out in accordance with all aspects of the Somerset Larder Food Safety & Quality Management System and any relevant legal requirements.
- To oversee and contribute to the Bar area, inc stocktaking, service, cellar functions and legal requirements
- To have a basic understanding of Retail, GP and associated costs
- To ensure all food is delivered on time to the required quality standards.
- To serve food and beverage at additional functions as required by key customers.
- To ensure that all service facilities and all equipment are cleaned in accordance with the prescribed method and to the correct schedule.
- To assist the manager(s) in planning services in the most efficient manner, taking into account any equipment, cross contamination or allergen constraints.
- To ensure catering provision is carried out cost effectively with product rejects and waste within agreed limits.
- To be involved in the development and implementation of new products, packaging, methods and equipment as required by Somerset Larder.
- To ensure all quality records are completed accurately and on time.
- To carry out specific food service tasks as required.
- To carry out projects or other tasks as requested by management
Health, Safety, Environmental and Service:
- To ensure all work is carried out in accordance with the relevant H&S legislation and Codes of Practice, together with any specific company requirements of key customers.
- To organise the ordering of all raw materials, packaging, consumables and cleaning chemicals as and when required.
- To advise relevant managers of all planned maintenance required or carried out and any repairs following unplanned breakdowns.
- Following the receipt of any customer complaints, assist in investigation of the cause and recommend/implement appropriate corrective action. Work with managers to complete a trend analysis of customer complaints.
- To drive and support Zero Harm Culture.
- Food Safety 2 within 30 days of starting work
- Food Safety 3 within 1 year of joining (Desirable)
- COSHH trained (Desirable)
- Allergens trained (Desirable)
South West Larder offers a generous benefits package which includes:
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Christmas Shutdown (location dependant)
- Flexible shift options
- Ongoing Learning, Development & Training
- Access to Occupational Health
- Cycle Scheme
- Pension Scheme (5% matched)
- Free Meal on Shift
- Extra Hour pay per day for using the HPC bus service
Successful applicants will be required to provide a three-year employment history and five-year address history in order to work on Hinkley Point C. They must be able to provide in date photographic ID and their right to work in the UK so that security clearance can be obtained as these roles are based on a nuclear regulated site.Back to Work With Us