- 1607, Regional Rural Business Centre, Market Way, North Petherton, Bridgwater, Somerset, United Kingdom
- Hybrid Working
Southwest Larder: Togetherness, Nurture, Pride, Planet
Full Time: 39 hours a week
Salary: £15.20 per hour
Location: Gateway Logistics Hub (GLH)
Want to work for a company where Togetherness, Nurture, Pride and Planet are at the heart of everything they do? Then look no further, Somerset Larder produces fresh food and meals to go using locally sourced ingredients from all over the west country. Our philosophy is to nourish the community with amazing produce, to employ local people and to train apprentices for future careers in the catering and hospitality sector.
At Somerset Larder, our Values have been set by our staff. Our Values exist for the good of our working lives and company performance. Our Values are:
- Togetherness – “Be a tractor not a trailer.”
- Nurture – “You grow, I grow, we grow.”
- Pride – “We can, and we will”
- Planet – “We’re part of a bigger picture”
- To support with daily administration duties, assisting the general function of the office, including greeting customers and answering the phone
- To administer a range of business support systems and processes including hospitality ordering, asset management, procurement & supply chain, delivery management system, health & safety, and office processes in a timely and professional manner
- To liaise with Clients, team members and customers to ensure fulfilment of hospitality bookings and delivery of service.
- To work independently to complete a range of business support processes to a high level of accuracy and professional customer service.
- To assist the Business Support Team with general administration duties as and when required.
- To administer, update and produce any required project work streams e.g. Microsoft Project including any report documents to support with the strategic intent of Southwest Larder.
- To assist with the client and other customers’ requirements in the implementation of hospitality bookings and liaising with all members of the teams at various sites accordingly.
- Carry out projects or other tasks as requested by the Commercial & Technical Director, Senior Members of the Southwest Larder Team, or Business Support Manager.
- To support with the collection and upload of data for the business assets, including producing reports as and when required.
- To raise and log purchase orders for business, ensuring that the data is recorded and reported on accurately.
- To assist where necessary in the collating and traceability information as required.
- To provide data analytical support and compilation.
- To support the Supply Chain & Procurement Manager in the effective management and control of Purchasing, Storage, Distribution, and the Management of stock.
- To assist in SWL expansion projects.
- To support and assist in the daily day to day management of the Gateway Logistics Hub.
- To provide regular reports to the Management Team as required.
- To effectively, efficiently and within agreed timelines administer the required process and procedures for Southwest Larder / Somerset Larder to function within the NNB contract.
- To interact with the various NNB departments, managing expectations, setting target dates for completion.
- To assist with the DMS (Delivery Management System) supporting with the implementation of bookings to and from site (HPC).
- To attend meetings, workshops, and training sessions in support of the Management Team
- This role is predominately based at the Gateway Logistics Hub, TA6 6GY and Compass House TA6 6FA, although on occasions attendance at other units or sites and at meeting / project locations may be required.
- Completion of Security onboarding mandatory.
- Full clean driving licence advantageous
Our Ideal candidate will have the following characteristics in line with our values.
· Ability to work as part of a team
· A flexible approach to working hours
· Be supportive of colleagues
· Keen to learn on the job
· Hold Food Safety Level 2 (or be able to achieve on appointment)
· Be honest and trustworthy
· Able to work independently
· Have a can-do approach
· Hygienic approach and manner
· Committed to zero harm and sustainable practices
- Sound administration experience with a customer-focused attitude
- A problem solver approach
- Able to type accurately and operate a (Microsoft Office) computer system independently
- Able to use data analysis tools for reviewing and reporting on data and trends (e.g. experienced and strong Excel skills)
- Level 2 English and Maths (GCSE, Functional Skills or equivalent qualification)
- Personable and able to build rapport quickly with key individuals
- Advanced IT user skills including and ability to use a range of Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
- A confident communicator, by telephone and email and in person
- A high level of accuracy in entering data and writing letters/documents
- Good attention to detail
- Customer skills focused attitude
- Knowledge of catering operations (desirable)
- Flexible in working hours/days and location
South West Larder offers a generous benefits package which includes:
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Christmas Shutdown
- Flexible shift options
- Ongoing Learning, Development & Training
- Access to Occupational Health
- Cycle Scheme
- Pension Scheme (5% matched)
- Free Meal on Shift