South West Larder: Togetherness, Nurture, Pride & Planet
Full Time: 39 hours per week (Mon-Fri)
Salary: £28,838 per annum
Location: Portbury Dock, Avonmouth
Somerset Larder is an award-winning company, using locally sourced food to supply catering services and food-to-go options across the southwest.
South West Larder offers a generous benefits package which includes:
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Ongoing Learning, Development & Training
- Access to Occupational Health
- Cycle Scheme
- Pension Scheme (5% matched)
- Free Meal on Shift
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and professional individual to join a growing business with an excellent ethos. Working alongside a small, close-knit team in our Avonmouth café, you will undertake the operational management of a catering unit, supporting and guiding colleagues for the highest attainable standards in the provision of excellent facilities, product/brand quality and customer service, whilst managing the implementation of agreed strategic initiatives for developing operational effectiveness and the achievement of KPIs.
Key Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Duties
- Contribute towards the overall success of the Somerset Larder catering operation, supporting and liaising with other Somerset Larder Managers as appropriate, whilst monitoring opportunities for suggesting further improvement/development of operations & services.
- Liaise with colleagues, and Somerset Larder associates, establishing positive & proactive relationships with key stakeholders to enable sharing initiatives and solutions in the continuous development/improvement of Somerset Larder operations and services, for the attainment of financial aims and other strategic objectives (KPI’s).
- Manage and lead the unit operations for the consistent attainment and delivery of agreed food service and customer care standards, whilst always exercising professionally supportive and motivational leadership.
- Undertake the management of stock control and purchasing of goods for the units.
- Food safety monitoring using HACCP and FSMS documents.
- Oversee the management of Health & Safety for the unit operation, ensuring that requirements are discussed and clarified with colleagues, ensuring that they are implemented consistently, incorporating up-to-date legal compliance and best practice in line with policy and procedure, ensuring that daily and weekly team briefs are carried out effectively.
- Support Somerset Larder in undertaking effective development of employees, alongside HR colleagues and in line with lawful, best practice.
- Undertake responsibility to ensure the consistent, effective performance management of employees, addressing matters of employee conduct and performance via agreed ‘best practice standards’, in regular liaison with the Business Development Manager and undertaking additional guidance from HR colleagues as required.
- Support a ‘continuous improvement’ ethos within the unit, raising awareness amongst the team of operating development and service initiatives and identifying opportunities for improving revenue and profits where possible.
- Ensure that all personal actions are in line with the overall environmental aims of Somerset Larder and HPC, undertaking all tasks in an environmentally sustainable manner – promoting environmental sustainability where opportunity presents.
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Level 3 (or above) qualification relevant to hospitality and/or catering
- Level 3 Food Hygiene qualification (or willing to achieve)
- Strong and demonstrable people management experience
- Leadership skills gained in a hospitality environment (or similar environment)
- A working and up-to-date knowledge of operational compliance for Health and Safety Regulations in relation to hospitality/catering business operations
- The ability to influence, advise and guide a team of employees
- Experience of, and a desire to, manage and develop employees to professional standards, in line with legislation and best practice.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like to find out more, please email us a copy of your CV and a covering letter explaining any previous experience, transferrable skills, why you are applying for the role, and what you feel you can bring to Somerset Larder.Back to Work With Us