South West Larder: Togetherness, Nurture, Pride & Planet
Full Time: 39 hours per week (Mon-Fri)
Location: North Petherton, Bridgwater
Somerset Larder is an award-winning company, using locally sourced food to supply catering services and food-to-go options across the southwest.
South West Larder offers a generous benefits package which includes:
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Ongoing Learning, Development & Training
- Access to Occupational Health
- Cycle Scheme
- Pension Scheme (5% matched)
- Free Meal on Shift
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and professional individual to join a growing business with an excellent ethos. Based in our Central Point Kitchen, you will co-ordinate the delivery operations to ensure accurate and timely delivery of goods and equipment to all outlets across the South West Larder Limited operations, ensuring the required legal compliance.
Key Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Duties
- To take responsibility for coordination of stock movements including delivery and dispatch.
- To plan delivery schedules to all South West Larder outlets and operations maximising vehicle loads to ensure continuous supply of food and return equipment
- To track delivery performance and accuracy and report or take action on concerns or successes.
- To support and ensure compliance with the Vehicle Management Plan for entire South West Larder vehicle fleet.
- To attend NNB DMS / Transport meetings as required
- To lead and be responsible for the Vehicle Management and Maintenance schedule and all actions and defects are promptly addressed.
- To ensure all requirements of the Operator’s license are complied with.
- To ensure all waste is removed promptly and placed in the correct waste containers in accordance with waste management plan.
- To ensure all work is carried out in accordance to the relevant H&S legislation and Codes of Practice, embracing the Zero harm culture.
- To lead on all traffic/driver/vehicle related incidents/near misses/accidents investigations.
- To coordinate, organise, deliver or facilitate staff training, induction and update training.
- To coordinate and manage all drivers and minibus team to ensure the continuous supply for all South West Larder operations.
- To draft rotas and check timesheets for team members.
- The management of the monthly staff roster to ensure seamless and relentless supply to customer/client.
- To participate in ongoing professional development and training that may include off-site and occasionally overnight travel.
- To participate in supervisors’ meetings and disseminate the minutes and information accordingly.
- To submit relevant reports on time
- To ensure documents are kept for the appropriate period for South West Larder procedures in line with GDPR and data retention policies and legislative requirements
- To promote a zero harm culture, embrace and adopt project values and participate in on-going professional development and training
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Have good organisational skills
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills – able to communicate concisely and with clear instructions
- Be adaptable and flexible to changes in working methods or practices, and experience working under pressure/against timelines
- Have previous relevant experience in transport, logistics, supply chain or relevant industry
- Have an understanding of driver regulations, hours, compliance, CPC.
- Computer literate. Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Be able to commit to flexible start and finish times each day including early starts
- Be systematic – ability to carry out repetitive, routine assignments effectively
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Full, UK Driving Licence
- Hold a PCV license
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like to find out more, please email us a copy of your CV and a covering letter explaining any previous experience, transferrable skills, why you are applying for the role, and what you feel you can bring to Somerset Larder.Back to Work With Us