We are seeking an experienced Front of House Supervisor for our retail outlets at Hinkley Point C. The successful applicant will join the Somerset Larder team, to share our passion and commitment in providing exceptional local food and drink at Hinkley Point C power station in Bridgwater, one of the World’s largest construction projects.
Not only can you take advantage of some excellent benefits and flexible shift options, you will also receive extensive training and learn new skills, working in a modern, safe and positive environment.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Carry out all on site catering activities under the direction of the Site Manager/Catering Manager/Retail Manager
- Ensure all retail and food service provision (including Lottery) is carried out in accordance with all aspects of the Somerset Larder Food Safety & Quality Management System and any relevant legal requirements.
- To ensure all food and retail produce is produced on time to the required quality standards.
- To prepare & serve food and retail produce at additional functions as required by key customers.
- To ensure the kitchen and back of house retail facilities and all equipment is cleaned in accordance with the prescribed method and to the correct schedule.
- To assist Retail and Site Manager in planning menu’s, food and retail provision in the most efficient manner, taking into account any equipment, cross contamination or allergen constraints, to meet customer orders.
- To ensure catering and retail provision is carried out cost effectively with product rejects and waste within agreed limits.
- To be involved in the development and implementation of new products, packaging, methods and equipment as required by Somerset Larder.
- To organise and/ or carry out all retail staff training
- To ensure all work is carried out in accordance to the relevant H&S legislation and Codes of Practice, together with any specific on-site requirements of key customers.
- To organise the ordering of all retail, raw materials, packaging, consumables and cleaning chemicals as and when required.
- To ensure all incoming raw materials and packaging when delivered is in accordance with the specifications and is stored in the correct areas of the site.
- To advise relevant managers of all planned maintenance required or carried out and any repairs following unplanned breakdowns.
- To ensure all quality records are completed accurately and on time.
- To ensure all traceability requirements are fully complied with.
- Following the receipt of any customer complaints, assist in investigation of the cause and recommend/implement appropriate corrective action. Trend analysis of customer complaints should be carried out in conjunction with other Managers.
- Carry out specific food and retail service tasks as required.
- Draft, support and implement staff roster, check timesheets as required.
- Manage and submit the monthly staff roster to ensure seamless and relentless supply to customer/client
- Drive and support Zero Harm Culture.
- Complete and draft 1st line appraisals and quarterly review of staff performance – implement continuous improvement plans based on appraisals and behaviours framework.
- Carry out projects or other tasks as requested by the Site Manager.
- Substitute and cover for Catering & Retail Manager during absence/sickness/holiday.
- Team player
- Excellent communication
- “Can do”attitude
- Able to commit to a variety of shifts
- Self-motivated and practical
- Embraces and complies with the Zero Harm culture
- Level 2 Food Safety Qualification
- Level 2 H & S Qualification
- Basic COSHH
How to Apply
To apply for this role please send your CV and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.orgBack to Work With Us