Due to the continued growth of our business we are looking for a Recruitment and HR administrative assistant to join our team. This is a role that supports the business and a general awareness of HR practices, the full employment lifecycle and the opportunities to help shape the business, are key.
Full time (39 hours per week)
£12.97 per hour
The successful candidate must have a flexible approach to working and will be required to support the business by undertaking a range of duties which may include but aren’t limited to:
- To work closely with managers and team colleagues to provide a full recruitment and onboarding service that is exemplary in terms of efficiency, consistency, best practice and accuracy, in line with the needs of the business.
- To support managers in preparing job descriptions that reflect new or changing business needs.
- To advertise vacant roles in line with the company Recruitment Policy, good practice and company procedures. To advertise vacant roles through agreed media, including online and internally.
- To contribute ideas for progressing the recruitment processes and for appointing new staff.
- To support managers and supervisors to prepare for interviews and to create a great candidate experience.
- To support interviews for a range of vacant roles including food and beverage staff and business support roles including apprentices, catering assistants, catering supervisors, chefs, chef supervisors, administrative roles and drivers.
- To ensure compliance with company requirements for competency based interviews, including finalising and shaping final interview questions, packs and ensuring compliance with procedures.
- To promote the Somerset Larder values and mission of ‘nourishing the community’ through the recruitment of new staff who can demonstrate the company values.
- To collect and enter recruitment data including candidate numbers, candidates interviewed and candidate equality data to support future business decision making.
- To complete all required onboarding checks for new staff joining Somerset Larder. To liaise with appointed staff to follow up their onboarding checks and ensure their readiness to start.
- To contribute to monthly reporting of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and success data.
- To respond to the monthly audit requirements and provide all information and clarification in a timely manner.
- To provide a range of administrative support for the HR team to support the business.
- To establish positive working relationships throughout the business to support the achievement of the key aspects of the role.
- To ensure managers understand and follow the required procedures for recruitment, onboarding and induction planning.
Training and Development
- To maintain accurate training records/skills matrix records.
- To ensure that Somerset Larder staff continue to meet their training qualifications including first aid, health & safety, CSCS operatives, HPC induction (or refresher) and other client requirements.
- To liaise with the Induction and WIMS teams to discuss and resolve onboarding queries.
- To arrange internal and external training courses for staff at all levels in line with the needs of the project which may include Client led training priorities, Somerset Larder priorities and First Aid, Health & Safety, Hygiene/Food Safety, Behavioural Safety topics.
Qualifications & Knowledge
- Administration, HR, Training or Recruitment experience
- Business Administration/Office based qualification (at level 2) or above
- Knowledge of catering sector
- Knowledge of recruitment processes
- Recruitment or HR administration qualification (e.g. CIPD)
Skills and Experience
- The skills to build rapport quickly with key individuals (e.g. team, candidates)
- IT skills including an ability to use Microsoft Office
- A confident communicator, by telephone and email
- Level 2 English and Maths (GCSE, Functional Skills or equivalent qualification)
- Attention to detail
- Experience of interviewing
- Experience of 1:1 training or guiding others to follow a process
- An understanding of onboarding checks (e.g. referencing, right to work in the UK etc)
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter stating which position you are
applying for to: firstname.lastname@example.org