Somerset Larder: Togetherness, Nurture, Pride & Planet
Job Title: Mini Bus Driver
Location: Bridgwater & Surrounding Area
Hours: 39 per week
Somerset Larder is an award-winning company, using locally sourced food to supply catering services and food-to-go options across the southwest. This is an exciting time to join our business, as we are constantly growing and expanding our reach.
We are looking for a professional, friendly and flexible individual to join our fleet of Mini Bus Drivers to work 5 out of 7 shifts per week. The shifts are a mixture of earlies, mids and lates.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Provide a minibus driver service, transporting staff to their destinations as to support South West Larder (internal) transport service.
- Drive safely at all times complying with all regulations of the Highway Code and all legal requirements and parking regulations.
- Adhere to the routes and times determined by Somerset Larder, collecting and delivering staff to and from the agreed destination on time.
- Conduct and record daily driver walk around checks of the vehicle.
- Record and report daily works record in full and on time.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of vehicles, ensuring they are in a clean and roadworthy condition before and after use;
- During any pandemic, sanitise all points of contact after each collection and drop off.
- Immediately record and report any concerns about the vehicle to the Transport Manager as soon as practically possible.
- Immediately record and report all near miss / incidents / accidents of whatever severity to the Transport Coordinator.
- Work in accordance with the South West Larder Health and Safety and Driver policies ensuring a safe working environment for staff.
- Provide a courteous and professional service to all our staff.
- Courier items between South West Larder locations.
- Participate in ongoing professional development and training.
- Meet the performance behaviour framework.
- Carry out other tasks that can be reasonably expected as directed by the Management Team.
- Flexible approach to working arrangements.
- An ability to communicate with a range of people.
- Possess high levels of attention to detail.
- Reliable and punctual.
Rewards and Benefits
We have a whole host of excellent benefits including a generous pension contribution, 30 days’ holiday (including bank holidays), a free lunch and cycle scheme. We also make your mental health and wellbeing a priority by providing free access to an Employee Assistance Helpline and an Occupational Health service. Alongside this, we offer flexible shift options, extensive training, and the opportunity to learn new skills, all whilst working in a modern, safe and engaging environment.
How to Apply:
Good to know:
Successful applicants will be required to provide a three-year employment history and five-year address history in order to work on Hinkley Point C and must be able to evidence their right to work in the UK so that security clearance can be obtained as these roles are based on a nuclear regulated site.
If you would like to discuss the role in further detail or visit our head office for a chat, please give us a call on 01278 555340.Back to Work With Us