We are looking for Kitchen Porters to join our team on the Hinkley Point C project across multiple sites.
Full time (39 hours per week)
Flexibility required for shifts to include night shift, early mornings, evenings, and some weekends and bank holidays.
£19,317 per annum plus enhancements
Due to the continued growth of our business we are looking for Kitchen Porters to join our team across the Hinkley Point C project, based at the HPC site, our Central Production Kitchens at North Petherton or our Campuses in Bridgwater. This is an exciting opportunity for enthusiastic individuals to join a growing business. The successful candidates will ideally have previous experience in a catering environment and will be able undertake a range of duties which include:
- Cleaning of kitchen and ancillary equipment
- To support cleaning, periodic cleaning and deep cleaning as required.
- Take delivery of stock including food/provision, checking and accounting for such items
- Ensure all raw materials and packaging are stored in the correct areas of the site
- Ensure all food is handled in accordance with the standards specified in the Food Safety & Quality Management System
- To ensure all traceability requirements are fully complied with
- Participate as a HACCP Team member if required
- Ensure waste is removed promptly and placed in the correct waste containers in accordance with site waste management plan
South West Larder offers a generous benefits package which includes:
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free meal provided during shift
- Christmas shutdown
- Ongoing Learning, Development & Training
- Access to Occupational Health
- Cycle Scheme
- Pension Scheme (5% matched)
Somerset Larder are proud to have supported our clients, remaining fully operational despite the recent challenges for the catering and hospitality sector, thus creating a stable and safe environment for our workforce.
- Team player
- Excellent communication
- “Can do”attitude
- Able to commit to a variety of shift patterns
- Self-motivated and practical
- Embraces and complies with the Zero Harm culture
- Level 2 Food Safety Qualification
- Level 2 H & S Qualification
- Basic COSHH
- Manual handling experience
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter stating which position you are applying for to: email@example.com
Our Head Office is based in North Petherton, why not drop in for a chat about current opportunities between 8am-5:30pm Monday – Friday.
Successful applicants will be required to provide a three year employment history and five year address history, and must be able to evidence their right to work in the UK so that security clearance can be obtained as these roles are based on a nuclear regulated site.Back to Work With Us