Full time (39 hours per week)
£12.75 per hour
Due to the continued growth of our business we are looking for an HR administrative assistant to join our team. The successful candidate will ideally have previous HR and administration experience and will be able undertake a range of duties which include:
- A range of administrative support for the HR team.
- Onboarding checks for new staff.
- Provide a full recruitment and onboarding service that is exemplary in terms of efficiency, consistency, best practice and accuracy, in line with the needs of the business.
- Support managers in preparing job descriptions that reflect new or changing business needs.
- Advertise vacant roles in line with the Recruitment Policy, good practice and company procedures.
- Support managers and supervisors to prepare for interviews and to create a great candidate experience.
- Support interviews for a range of vacant roles including food and beverage staff and business support roles including apprentices, catering assistants, catering supervisors, chefs, chef supervisors, administrative roles and drivers.
- Ensure compliance with company requirements for competency based interviews, including finalising and shaping final interview questions, packs and ensuring compliance with procedures.
- Collect and enter recruitment data including candidate numbers, candidates interviewed and candidate equality data to support future business decision making.
- Contribute to monthly reporting of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and success data.
- Maintain accurate training records/skills matrix records.
- Ensure that Somerset Larder staff continue to meet their training qualifications including first aid, health & safety, CSCS operatives, HPC induction (or refresher) and other client requirements.
- Liaise with the Induction and WIMS teams to discuss and resolve onboarding queries.
- Arrange internal and external training courses for staff at all levels in line with the needs of the project which may include Client led training priorities, Somerset Larder priorities and First Aid, Health & Safety, Hygiene/Food Safety, Behavioural Safety topics.
Qualifications & Knowledge
- Administration, HR, training or recruitment experience
- Business Administration qualification at level 2 or above
- Knowledge of recruitment processes
- HR or Recruitment qualification
- Knowledge of catering sector
Skills and Experience
- Level 2 English and Maths (GCSE, Functional Skills or equivalent qualification)
- Experience of interviewing
- The skills to build rapport quickly with key individuals (e.g. team, candidates)
- IT skills including an ability to use Microsoft Office
- A confident communicator, by telephone and email
- Experience of 1:1 training or guiding others to follow a process
- An understanding of onboarding checks (e.g. referencing, right to work in the UK etc)
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter stating which position you are applying for to: firstname.lastname@example.orgBack to Work With Us