South West Larder, a Somerset Business Award winner, is growing and we now have an exciting opportunity for a Health, Safety and Environmental Manager to join our team and to make a mark within the rapidly growing business.
A key focus will be to ensure the highest level of compliance, best practice and delivery of Health, Safety and Environmental systems combined with pro-active leadership and development of the HSE team. In addition, you will support service delivery and improve KPI performance, whilst utilising the latest technology, implementing a lean management culture in order to drive new business and retain existing clients.
Annual Salary, from £40,000
South West Larder offers a generous benefits package which includes:
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discretionary quarterly bonus
- Free meal provided during shift
- Ongoing Learning, Development & Training
- Access to Occupational Health
- Cycle Scheme
- Pension Scheme (5% matched)
Somerset Larder are proud to have supported our clients, remaining fully operational despite the recent challenges for the catering and hospitality sector, thus creating a stable and safe environment for our workforce.
This Senior Management Role requires flexibility with regards to working hours and travel.
You will be working closely with management colleagues across the business in a varied and high profile role, ensuring both the delivery and development of all Health, Safety & Environmental services to a variety of clients across the UK through;
- Strategic Operations
- Leadership and Management
- Investigations and Reporting
It is essential that you are an experienced and passionate CMIOSH (or equivalent) qualified Health and Safety professional or working towards CMIOSH.
- Level 4 Award in Food Safety & Hygiene or equivalent level professional qualification in Food Safety subject (e.g. HNC, BTEC)
- Degree level qualification in Health, Safety, Environmental Management/Compliance or equivalent
- NEBOSH Diploma
- CMIOSH holder or working towards
- Environmental Management qualification (e.g. Environmental Management) or working toward qualification
- Level 4 RSPH Award Managing the HACCP system or equivalent
- Creates a vision for self and team that aligns with corporate objectives.
- Creates a high-performance environment with an emphasis on continuous improvement.
- Motivates others to commit to action.
- Persists when confronted with obstacles.
- Maintains appropriate behavioural standards even in unfamiliar environments.
- Maintains enthusiasm and confidence through periods of intensive effort or change.
- Prepared to admit mistakes and adapt strategy accordingly.
- Tailor approach and style to adapt to individual and cultural differences in order to influence effectively.
- Displays a high level of energy and commitment to the organisation and uses this energy to get others’ support for own objectives and ideas
- Uses an understanding of issues to prioritise effectively and gain support for ideas
- Tracks the commercial implications of a situation in a logical, detailed way.
- Sets priorities based on an analysis of the factors that will maximise business benefits.
- Seeks to understand underlying or un-stated customer needs.
- Publicly monitors performance and holds self and others consistently accountable for providing excellent service.
- Consistently confronts and acts when individuals fail to meet expected standards.
- Makes concerted effort to exceed client’s/customer’s expectations, by making use of customer/client satisfaction survey.
This job description should not be taken as an exhaustive description of the role and is, rather, indicative of the types of responsibility covered by the job. Post holders will be required to carry our such other tasks as required by the South West Larder Board as long as this is reasonable and commensurate with the nature of the post held.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter stating which position you are applying for to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful applicants will be required to provide a three year employment history and five year address history, and must be able to evidence their right to work in the UK so that security clearance can be obtained as this role is associated with a nuclear regulated site.Back to Work With Us