Somerset Larder is an award winning business and are currently looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our team across the Hinkley Point C Project, on multiple locations which may include HPC, Hinkley Campus and Sedgemoor Campus.
Full time (39 hours) and part time roles available, including weekends on a variable shift pattern
£9.50 per hour plus enhancements
South West Larder offers a generous benefits package which includes:
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free meal provided during shift
- Christmas shutdown
- Ongoing Learning, Development & Training
- Access to Occupational Health
- Cycle Scheme
- Pension Scheme (5% matched)
Somerset Larder are proud to have supported our clients, remaining fully operational despite the recent challenges for the catering and hospitality sector, thus creating a stable and safe environment for our workforce.
Do you have previous experience in a catering environment? Would you be able to undertake the range of duties required to support our operations? If this is you and you believe you could demonstrate the company values consistently and within the vision of “Nourishing the Community” while achieving the following, we would really like to hear from you:
- To assist Chef’s and Front of House Manager in the preparation and cooking of food as and when required
- To serve meals, snacks and drinks including taking payments and upselling
- To engage with customers for new product ideas and dietary requirements
- To clean all equipment, crockery and cutlery as required.
- To support, operate and provide service in areas including but not limited to: Serveries, Retail, Hospitality, Events, Coffee Shops, bars and tables.
- To ensure all food and beverages are handled in accordance with the standards specified in the Food Safety & Quality Management System
- To carry out and record any checks specified by managers.
- To carry out tasks in the most efficient manner, taking into account any production or allergen constraints, to meet customer orders.
- To ensure all raw materials and packaging materials are stored in the correct areas.
- To ensure all production and quality records are completed accurately and on time.
- To ensure all traceability requirements are fully complied with.
- Where relevant, carry out activities required by the accredited FSQMS.
- To carry out projects or other tasks as requested by management.
Health, Safety, Environmental and Service
- To provide excellent service to customers
- To ensure all waste is removed promptly and placed in the correct waste containers in accordance with waste management plan.
- To participate as a HACCP Team member if required
- To ensure all work is carried out in accordance to the relevant H&S legislation and Codes of Practice.
- To embrace and actively participate in the Zero Harm culture.
- To participate in ongoing professional development and training that may include off-site and occasionally overnight travel.
- To participate in the appraisal scheme.
- To display the company values and encourage others to demonstrate the values.
Incorporating our Larder Values:
Togetherness – “Be a tractor not a trailer.”
Nurture – “You grow, I grow, we grow.”
Pride – “We can and we will”
Planet – “We’re part of a bigger picture”
- Food Safety level 2 (or able to achieve on appointment)
- Health & Safety level 2 Qualification
- General education qualifications
- Conscientious and supportive to colleagues
- Clear verbal and written communicator
- Flexible approach to working hours/days including working at the most busy times (currently from 4 pm to 11 pm) and weekends
- Experienced through life or education
- Helpful and supportive to others
- Adaptable, flexible to changes and new practices
- Customer service skill and experience
- A can-do approach, able to work independently
- Honest and trustworthy
- Able to work well in demanding situations and against time pressures
- Hygienic approach and manner
- Committed to zero harm and sustainable practices
- Kind and respectful
- Team working approach
- Driving licence
- Experience of bar/catering operations
- Experience of FSM/ HACCP
- IT/digital abilities
- Able to minimise wasteful practices
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter stating which position you are applying for to: email@example.com
Our Head Office is based in North Petherton, why not drop in for a chat about current opportunities between 8am-5:30pm Monday – Friday.
Successful applicants will be required to provide a three year employment history and five year address history, and must be able to evidence their right to work in the UK so that security clearance can be obtained as these roles are associated with a nuclear regulated site.Back to Work With Us