We are looking for a General Catering Assistant to join the team at our new outlet within Musgrove Park Hospital, Taunton.
Part time (20 hours per week)
£9.50 per hour
Due to the continued growth of our business we are looking for a General Catering Assistant to join our team at our new outlet within Musgrove Park Hospital. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join a growing business. The successful candidate will ideally have previous experience in a catering environment and will be able undertake a range of duties which will include:
- To assist Chef’s and Front of House Manager in the preparation and cooking of food as and when required
- To serve meals, snacks and drinks including taking payments and upselling
- To engage with customers for new product ideas and dietary requirements
- To clean all equipment, crockery and cutlery as required.
- To support, operate and provide service in areas including but not limited to: Serveries, Retail, Hospitality, Events, Coffee Shops and tables.
- To ensure all food and beverages are handled in accordance with the standards specified in the Food Safety & Quality Management System
- To carry out and record any checks specified by managers.
- To carry out tasks in the most efficient manner, taking into account any production or allergen constraints, to meet customer orders.
- To ensure all raw materials and packaging materials are stored in the correct areas.
- To ensure all production and quality records are completed accurately and on time.
- To ensure all traceability requirements are fully complied with.
- Where relevant, carry out activities required by the accredited FSQMS.
- To carry out projects or other tasks as requested by management.
Health, Safety, Environmental and Service
- To provide excellent service to customers
- To ensure all waste is removed promptly and placed in the correct waste containers in accordance with waste management plan.
- To participate as a HACCP Team member if required
- To ensure all work is carried out in accordance to the relevant H&S legislation and Codes of Practice.
- To embrace and actively participate in the Zero Harm culture.
- To participate in ongoing professional development and training that may include off-site and occasionally overnight travel.
- To participate in the appraisal scheme.
- To display the company values and encourage others to demonstrate the values.
- English & Maths Level 2 GSCE, Functional Skills or equivalent
- Food Safety Level 2 Qualification
- COSHH Training
- Customer Service skills
- Excellent communication, verbal and written
- Kind and respectful
- Team working approach
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Punctual and reliable
- “Can do” approach
- Committed to zero harm and sustainable practices
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter stating which position you are applying for to: email@example.comBack to Work With Us