Despite challenging conditions, Somerset Larder is still growing and winning new business. We are looking for General Assistants to join our team working within our retail outlets on the Hinkley Point C Project.
Part time (24 hours per week) on a variable shift pattern (8 hour shifts are scheduled between 5.30 am and midnight)
£9.30 per hour
Not only can you take advantage of some excellent benefits and flexible shift options, you will also receive extensive training and learn new skills, working in a modern, safe, and positive environment.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- To assist Unit and Retail Manager in all aspects of retail service, food service and other tasks asked within the catering service & functions within Somerset Larder
- To assist in the delivery of Lottery service within Retail Shops
- To serve food & drinks including taking payments.
- To clean all equipment, counters, shelves and Retail areas as required.
- Support, operate and provide service in areas including but not limited to: Serveries, Retail, Hospitality, Functions, Coffee Shops.
- To ensure all food is handled in accordance with the standards specified in the Food Safety & Quality Management System
- To carry out and record any checks specified by the Site Manager, Catering Manager, Front of House Manager.
- To deliver and maintain excellent stock controls with the Retail and Catering service at Somerset Larder
- To ensure all waste is removed promptly and placed in the correct waste containers in accordance with site waste management plan.
- To carry out tasks in the most efficient manner, taking into account any production or allergen constraints, to meet customer orders.
- To participate as a HACCP Team member if required
- To ensure all work is carried out in accordance to the relevant H&S legislation and Codes of Practice.
- Participate in ongoing professional development and training that may include off-site and occasionally overnight travel.
- To ensure all raw materials and packaging materials are stored in the correct areas of the site.
- To ensure all production and quality records are completed accurately and on time.
- To ensure all traceability requirements are fully complied with.
- Where relevant, carry out activities required by the accredited FSQMS.
- To receive deliveries and check supplier invoices in accordance with the company systems/procedures.
- To assist where necessary in collating traceability information.
- Carry out projects or other tasks as requested by the Unit and Retail Manager.
- Embrace and actively participate in the Zero Harm culture.
- Level 2 Food Safety
- COSHH Training
- Level 2 H & S Qualification
- Full, UK driving licence and have at least 12 months driving experience and no more than 6 points
Skills and Experience
- Previous retail experience
- Team player
- Customer focused
- Excellent communication
- “Can do”attitude
- Able to commit to a variety of shift patterns
- Self-motivated and practical
- Embraces and complies with the Zero Harm culture
How to apply
Successful applicants will be required to provide a three year employment history and five year address history, and must be able to evidence their right to work in the UK so that security clearance can be obtained as these roles are based on a nuclear regulated site.Back to Work With Us