Somerset Larder: Togetherness, Nurture, Pride & Planet
Full Time: 39 hours per week on a variable shift pattern
Location: Royal Lymington Yacht Club
Somerset Larder is an award-winning company, using locally sourced food to supply catering services and food-to-go options across the southwest and beyond. This is an exciting time to join our business, as we are constantly growing and expanding our reach.
South West Larder offers a generous benefits package which includes:
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Flexible shift options
- Ongoing Learning, Development & Training
- Access to Occupational Health
- Cycle Scheme
- Pension Scheme (5% matched)
- Free Meal on Shift
Key tasks & Responsibilities
Reporting to the General Manager, you will lead, motivate and supervise a team of General Catering Assistants. This is a varied role, with your supervision skills covering our bar and restaurant.
As someone who takes pride in their work, you will act as a role model for those in your team. The key focus is leading a team that provides consistently high levels of customer service across the board. Health and Safety is incredibly important to us, so you’ll ensure all food is handled in line with the standards in our Food Safety & Quality Management System. As such, you’ll also need to act as a HACCP team member at all times.
There is a requirement to demonstrate and champion South West Larders Values in every aspect of your role:
· Togetherness – “Be a tractor, not a trailer!”
· Nurture – “You grow, I grow, We grow”
· Pride – “We can and we will!”
· Planet – “We’re part of a bigger picture”
Alongside the supervision of work activities, you’ll also use your team leadership skills to participate in staff appraisals, development, and the recruitment of new staff.
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
· Food safety Level 2 (or able to achieve on appointment)
· Leadership skills with the ability to motivate and coach others
· A systematic approach to working efficiently
· Resilience and the ability to work well in demanding or time-sensitive situations
· Health & safety level 2 qualification is desirable but not essential
· Experience of working within a large-scale catering service is desirable but not essential
· Experience of MS Office and EPOS is desirable but not essentialBack to Work With Us