Despite challenging conditions, Somerset Larder is still growing and winning new business. We are looking for a Delivery Driver to join our team and work with us, transporting produce from some of the region’s best farmers, artisan food makers, coffee roasters and bakers.
Working 39 hours per week on a flexible shift pattern
Excellent rate of pay plus enhancements
Despite challenging conditions, Somerset Larder is still growing and winning new business. We are looking for a Delivery Driver to join our team and work with us by delivering ingredients, packaging, ready to eat products and consumable items to various customer operational sites. Key Tasks & Responsibilities will include:
Driving / Delivery
- Drive safely at all times complying with all regulations of the Highway Code and all legal requirements and parking regulations.
- Transport and deliver items to customer sites in a safe, timely manner as determined by Somerset Larder.
- Ensure all items are loaded, safely secured, and unloaded from the vehicle.
Vehicle Care / Checks
- Check and record product / vehicle temperature at the point of delivery, reporting any identified issued immediately.
- Check vehicle refrigeration equipment regularly throughout the delivery round, recording temperature.
- Conduct and record daily driver walk around checks of the vehicle.
- Immediately record and report any concerns or defects to the Transport Manager.
- Immediately record and report all near miss / incidents / accidents of whatever severity to the Transport Manager.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of vehicles, ensuring they are in a clean and roadworthy condition before and after use.
- Collect and return any reusable transit packaging cleaning and sanitisation at the Distribution Centre.
- Report any customer feedback to the Transport Manager as soon as reasonably practical.
- Comply with all security and Health & Safety requirements at customer sites.
- Work in accordance with the Somerset Larder Health and Safety and Driver policies ensuring a safe working environment for staff.
- Complete and submit all associated administration accurately, in full and on time.
Qualifications and Personal Qualities
- Valid, full driving licence (HGV Class 2 advantageous).
- Flexible approach to working arrangements.
- Ability to communicate with a range of people.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Adaptable, reliable, and punctual.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter stating which position you are applying for to: email@example.comBack to Work With Us