Job Title: Delivery Driver
Hours: 39 per week
Base Location: Bridgwater
Salary: £31,904.99 per year
Somerset Larder is an award-winning company, using locally-sourced food to supply catering services and food-to-go options across the south west. This is an exciting time to join our business, as we are constantly growing and expanding our reach. As such, we have an excellent opportunity for a Delivery Driver.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities will include:
Driving / Delivery
- Drive safely at all times complying with all regulations of the Highway Code and all legal requirements and parking regulations.
- Transport and deliver items to customer sites in a safe, timely manner as determined by Somerset Larder.
- Ensure all items are loaded, safely secured, and unloaded from the vehicle.
Vehicle Care / Checks
- Check and record product / vehicle temperature at the point of delivery, reporting any identified issued immediately.
- Check vehicle refrigeration equipment regularly throughout the delivery round, recording temperature.
- Conduct and record daily driver walk around checks of the vehicle.
- Immediately record and report any concerns or defects to the Transport Manager.
- Immediately record and report all near miss / incidents / accidents of whatever severity to the Transport Manager.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of vehicles, ensuring they are in a clean and roadworthy condition before and after use.
- Collect and return any reusable transit packaging cleaning and sanitisation at the Distribution Centre.
- Report any customer feedback to the Transport Manager as soon as reasonably practical.
- Comply with all security and Health & Safety requirements at customer sites.
- Work in accordance with the Somerset Larder Health and Safety and Driver policies ensuring a safe working environment for staff.
- Complete and submit all associated administration accurately, in full and on time.
Qualifications and Personal Qualities
- Valid, full driving licence (HGV Class 2 advantageous).
- Flexible approach to working arrangements.
- Ability to communicate with a range of people.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Adaptable, reliable, and punctual.
We have a whole host of excellent benefits including a generous pension contribution, 30 days’ holiday (including bank holidays), a free lunch and cycle to work scheme. We also make your mental health and wellbeing a priority by providing free access to an Employee Assistance Helpline. Alongside this, we offer flexible shift options extensive training, and the opportunity to learn new skills, all whilst working in a modern, safe and positive environment.
Good to know:
Successful applicants will be required to provide a three year employment history and five year address history, and must be able to evidence their right to work in the UK so that security clearance can be obtained as these roles are based on a nuclear regulated site.Back to Work With Us