Somerset Larder: Togetherness, Nurture, Pride & Planet
Full Time: 39 hours per week on a variable shift pattern
Location: Royal Lymington Yacht Club
Somerset Larder is an award-winning company, using locally sourced food to supply catering services and food-to-go options across the southwest. This is an exciting time to join our business, as we are constantly growing and expanding our reach.
RLYC is a new addition to the family. The hospitality operation is comprised of bar, kitchen, and restaurant staff.
South West Larder offers a generous benefits package which includes:
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Flexible shift options
- Ongoing Learning, Development & Training
- Access to Occupational Health
- Cycle Scheme
- Pension Scheme (5% matched)
- Free Meal on Shift
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Head Chef, you will supervise and lead many of the team’s daily catering activities, ensuring all food is prepared on time to the highest quality standard. You’ll also assist with menu planning and be involved in the development of the food provisions at the Yacht Club.
Growth and nurture are incredibly important values here at Somerset Larder, so you will be expected to embrace our values and ways of working, acting as a role model for your staff in order to enable their own development and to strengthen the team’s skills.
This is an incredibly varied role and there is a real opportunity to get stuck into the growth of Royal Lymington Yacht Club. We are always working to improve the way we operate and our offering, and there will be opportunities to undertake project work or other tasks outside of your day-to-day tasks.
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Food Safety Level 2
- Knowledge of food safety management/HAACP systems operation
- Demonstrable catering/kitchen experience at Chef level
- A conscientious approach to your work
- Clear communication skills and the ability to support others’ development
- The ability to work well in demanding situations and under time pressures
- A level 2 qualification in Health and Safety is desirable but not essential