South West Larder, a Somerset Business Award winner, is growing. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Semi-skilled Chef to join our team and to make a mark within the rapidly growing business.
The main purpose of the role is to undertake food preparation and production within a designated Somerset Larder outlet, working to the agreed, highest attainable standards for the quality and variety of food and menus on offer and consistently delivered.
Full time (39 hours per week) on a variable shift pattern
£10.63 per hour plus enhancements
South West Larder offers a generous benefits package which includes:
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free meal provided during shift
- Christmas shutdown
- Ongoing Learning, Development & Training
- Access to Occupational Health
- Cycle Scheme
- Pension Scheme (5% matched)
Somerset Larder are proud to have supported our clients, remaining fully operational despite the recent challenges for the catering and hospitality sector, thus creating a stable and safe environment for our workforce.
Key Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Duties:
- Contribute to the attainment of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) within the Somerset Larder operation
- Assist Chef Manager & Chefs with food preparation and production throughout the outlet, variably for breakfast, lunch, dinner and buffet services as instructed, ensuring that the agreed operating standards are consistently achieved, as agreed with the senior chef on duty.
- Support the production and service of food/dishes that are delivered to the specified requirements and agreed standards, as agreed with the senior chef on duty
- Assist with the receipt and storage of goods deliveries for the service outlet as required, ensuring that that control systems and standards are adhered to at all times as instructed by senior chef.
- Undertake personal responsibility for Food Hygiene, Health and Safety relating to food production and services whilst performing duties, consistently following required legal compliance and best practice in line with policy and procedure and embracing the ZERO harm culture.
- Assist with the safe keeping and maintenance of the equipment and machinery to the required standards of hygiene and safety
Communication and Engagement
- Communicate professionally with colleagues in the workplace
- Participate with colleagues in a regularly convened catering staff forums
- Work and liaise effectively and supportively with all other Somerset Larder colleagues and departments in the interests of contributing to a professional work environment
- Assist and support across the operational boundaries within Somerset Larder as and when agreed and the business dictates, in-keeping with the role and/or working development opportunities
- Observe policies and procedures which are introduced for continually improved food production and services, in liaison with other colleagues as appropriate
- Attend college days as required.
- Attend in house training sessions as required
- Ensure that all personal actions are in line with the overall environmental aims of Somerset Larder, undertaking all tasks in an environmentally sustainable manner – promoting environmental sustainability where opportunity presents.
At Somerset Larder, our Values have been set by our staff. Our Values exist for the good of our working lives and company performance. Our Values are:
- Togetherness – “Be a tractor not a trailer.”
- Nurture – “You grow, I grow, we grow.”
- Pride – “We can and we will”
- Planet – “We’re part of a bigger picture”
The company recognises most people will demonstrate the company values consistently and within the vision of “Nourishing the Community”.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter stating which position you are applying for to: email@example.com
Our Head Office is based in North Petherton, why not drop in for a chat about current opportunities between 8am-5:30pm Monday – Friday.
Successful applicants will be required to provide a three year employment history and five year address history, and must be able to evidence their right to work in the UK so that security clearance can be obtained as this role is associated with a nuclear regulated site.Back to Work With Us