Despite challenging conditions, Somerset Larder is still growing and winning new business. We are looking for a Catering Supervisor to join our team on the Hinkley Point Project, primarily at our Sedgemoor Campus but location may also include Hinkley Campus and HPC site.
Full time (39 hours per week) on a variable shift pattern
£11.79 per hour plus enhancements
Due to the continued growth of our business we are looking for a Catering Supervisor to join our team on the Hinkley Point Project. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join a growing business. The successful candidate will be required to undertake a range of key tasks and responsibilities which include:
- Carry out all a range of catering activities under the direction of the Front of House Manager and Campus Operations management.
- Ensure all food service provision is carried out in accordance with all aspects of the Somerset Larder Food Safety & Quality Management System and any relevant legal requirements.
- To ensure all food is delivered on time to the required quality standards.
- To serve food and beverage at additional functions as required by key customers.
- To ensure that all service facilities and all equipment are cleaned in accordance with the prescribed method and to the correct schedule.
- To assist Front of House Manager in planning services in the most efficient manner, taking into account any equipment, cross contamination or allergen constraints, to meet customer orders.
- To ensure catering provision is carried out cost effectively with product rejects and waste within agreed limits.
- To be involved in the development and implementation of new products, packaging, methods and equipment as required by Somerset Larder.
- To ensure all quality records are completed accurately and on time.
- Carry out specific food service tasks as required.
- Carry out projects or other tasks as requested by management.
- To organise and/ or carry out all service staff training
- Draft, support and implement staff roster, check timesheets as required.
- Manage and submit the monthly staff roster to ensure seamless and relentless supply to customer/client
- Complete and draft 1st line appraisals and quarterly review of staff performance – implement continuous improvement plans based on appraisals, Somerset Larder Values and the behaviours framework.
Health, Safety, Environmental and Service
- To ensure all work is carried out in accordance with the relevant H&S legislation and Codes of Practice, together with any specific company requirements of key customers.
- To organise the ordering of all raw materials, packaging, consumables and cleaning chemicals as and when required.
- To advise relevant managers of all planned maintenance required or carried out and any repairs following unplanned breakdowns.
- Following the receipt of any customer complaints, assist in investigation of the cause and recommend/implement appropriate corrective action. Work with managers to complete a trend analysis of customer complaints.
- Drive and support Zero Harm Culture.
Incorporating our Larder Values ‘Togetherness‘ ‘Nurture‘ ‘Pride‘ and ‘Planet‘
- Food Safety level 2 (or able to achieve on appointment)
- Health & Safety level 2 Qualification
- General education qualifications
- Conscientious and supportive to colleagues
- Clear verbal and written communicator
- Flexible approach to working hours/days
- Experienced through life or education
- Helpful and supportive to others/customer service skills
- Adaptable, flexible to changes and new practices
- Systematic – able to carry out work effectively and efficiently
- Leading, sharing, motivating, coaching and supporting skills for getting the best out of each team member
- Organised, resilient, adaptable , a can-do attitude
- Able to up-sell and encourage further purchases by customers
- Honest and trustworthy
- Able to work well in demanding situations and against time pressures
- Hygienic approach and manner
- Committed to zero harm and sustainable practices
- Kind and respectful
- Driving licence
- Experience of bar/catering operations
- Confident with stock rotation and cash management
- Knowledgeable about allergens
- Able to work independently
- IT/digital abilities including MS office and EPOS/tills
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter stating which position you are applying for to: email@example.com
Successful applicants will be required to provide a three year employment history and five year address history, and must be able to evidence their right to work in the UK so that security clearance can be obtained as these roles are associated with a nuclear regulated site.Back to Work With Us