South West Larder, a Somerset Business Award winner, is growing. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Catering Supervisor to join our team based at our new outlet at Musgrove Park Hospital, Taunton.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and detailed catering team leader/supervisor to join a growing business that offers a challenging position within our team.
£10.63 per hour
39 hours per week
South West Larder offers a generous benefits package which includes:
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Ongoing Learning, Development & Training
- Access to Occupational Health
- Cycle Scheme
- Pension Scheme (5% matched)
Somerset Larder are proud to have supported our clients, remaining fully operational despite the recent challenges for the catering and hospitality sector, thus creating a stable and safe environment for our workforce.
Key Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Duties
Reporting to the Chef Manager you will:
- Assist in planning services in the most efficient manner, taking into account any equipment, cross contamination or allergen constraints, to meet customer orders.
- Ensure the catering provision is carried out cost effectively with product rejects and waste within agreed limits.
- Be involved in the development and implementation of new products, packaging, methods and equipment as required by Somerset Larder.
- Organise and/ or carry out all service staff training.
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance to the relevant H&S legislation and Codes of Practice, together with any specific on-site requirements of key customers.
- Organise the ordering of all raw materials, packaging, consumables and cleaning chemicals as and when required.
- Carry out specific food service tasks as required.
- Draft, support and implement staff roster, check timesheets as required.
- Complete and draft 1st line appraisals and quarterly review of staff performance – implement continuous improvement plans based on appraisals and behaviours framework.
- Substitute and cover for the Chef Manager during absence/sickness/holiday.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Good general education and numeracy skills
- Good organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills including clear concise communication.
- Customer Care and Customer Service experience, preferably in a Catering environment with the ability to communicate positively and confidently about Somerset Larder to our consumers and clients.
- Able to work under pressure, against timeline and sometimes changing information.
- Problem solving skills, ability to see the ‘end game’ and work around particular hurdles placed at short notice.
- Ability to use and understand Cash, Cash Handling, EPOS and Cashless systems.
- Demonstrable experience coaching, leading and mentoring experienced and new staff
- Sound user level skills with: Outlook, Word, Excel plus use of in-house company programs.
- Flexible, conscientious and co-operative.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Able to commit to flexible start and finish times each day
- Good with detail and able to follow Company rules
- Self-motivated and practical
- Ability and willingness to work on own but as part of a team
- Considers the wider of impact of the decisions on the company and the customer
- Systematic – ability to carry out repetitious, routine assignments effectively
- Ability to communicate with others effectively
- Embraces and complies with the Zero Harm culture.
How to apply
Please send your CV stating which position you are applying for to: firstname.lastname@example.orgBack to Work With Us