South West Larder, a Somerset Business Award winner, is growing. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Catering Supervisor to join our team based HPC site and Campus within the Food and Beverage areas.
£23,974 per annum plus enhancements
39 hours per week
South West Larder offers a generous benefits package which includes:
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Ongoing Learning, Development & Training
· Free meal during shift
· Additional hour paid per day for travelling to HPC site
· Access to Occupational Health
· Cycle Scheme
· Pension Scheme (5% matched)
Somerset Larder are proud to have supported our clients, remaining fully operational despite the recent challenges for the catering and hospitality sector, thus creating a stable and safe environment for our workforce.
Key Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Duties
Reporting to the Front of House Manager you will:
- Ensure all food service provision is carried out in accordance with all aspects of the Somerset Larder Food Safety & Quality Management System and any relevant legal requirements.
- Serve food and beverage at additional functions as required by key customers.
- Ensure that all service facilities and all equipment are cleaned in accordance with the prescribed method and to the correct schedule.
- Assist the Front of House Manager in planning services in the most efficient manner, taking into account any equipment, cross contamination or allergen constraints, to meet customer orders.
- To ensure catering provision is carried out cost effectively with product rejects and waste within agreed limits.
- Be involved in the development and implementation of new products, packaging, methods and equipment as required by Somerset Larder.
- Organise and/ or carry out all service staff training
- Draft, support and implement staff roster, check timesheets as required.
- Manage and submit the monthly staff roster to ensure seamless and relentless supply to customer/client
- Complete and draft 1st line appraisals and quarterly review of staff performance – implement continuous improvement plans based on appraisals, Somerset Larder Values and the behaviours framework.
- Health, Safety, Environmental and Service
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with the relevant H&S legislation and Codes of Practice, together with any specific company requirements of key customers.
- Organise the ordering of all raw materials, packaging, consumables and cleaning chemicals as and when required.
- Advise relevant managers of all planned maintenance required or carried out and any repairs following unplanned breakdowns.
Embracing the Somerset Larder values of Togetherness, Nurture, Pride and Planet you should be:
- Conscientious and supportive to colleagues
- Clear verbal and written communicator
- Flexible approach to working hours/days
- Helpful and supportive to others/customer service skills
- Organised, resilient, adaptable, possess a can-do attitude
- Leading, sharing, motivating, coaching and supporting skills for getting the best out of each team member
- Able to work well in demanding situations and against time pressures
- Flexible, conscientious and co-operative.
- Able to commit to flexible start and finish times each day
- Good with detail and able to follow Company rules
- Self-motivated and practical
- Considers the wider of impact of the decisions on the company and the customer
- Systematic – ability to carry out repetitious, routine assignments effectively
- Ability to communicate with others effectively
- Committed to zero harm and sustainable practices
- Togetherness – “Be a tractor not a trailer.”
- Nurture – “You grow, I grow, we grow.”
- Pride – “We can and we will”
- Planet – “We’re part of a bigger picture”
The company recognises most people will demonstrate the company values consistently and within the vision of “Nourishing the Community”.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter stating which position you are applying for to: email@example.com
Our Head Office is based in North Petherton, why not drop in for a chat about current opportunities between 8am-5:30pm Monday – Friday.
Successful applicants will be required to provide a three year employment history and five year address history, and must be able to evidence their right to work in the UK so that security clearance can be obtained as this role is associated with a nuclear regulated site.Back to Work With Us