We are looking for a hardworking catering assistant to join the Somerset Larder team, to share our passion and commitment in providing exceptional local food and drink at Balfour Beatty Marine Works in Avonmouth, Bristol.
39 hours per week (Monday – Friday 06.30 – 15.00)
£8.72 per hour
Due to the location of this role at Royal Edward Dock, Avonmouth, it is essential that the job holder has access to their own transport.
- Assisting the chef in the preparation and cooking of food.
- Serving meals, snacks & drinks, including taking payments.
- Cleaning equipment, crockery & cutlery as required.
- Supporting hospitality as required.
- To ensure all food is handled in accordance with the standards specified in the Food Safety & Quality Management System.
- Carrying out and recording any checks specified by the Site Manager.
- To ensure all waste is removed promptly and placed in the correct waste containers in accordance with site waste management plan.
- To carry out tasks in the most efficient manner, taking into account any production or allergen constraints, to meet customer orders.
- Participate as a HACCP Team member if required
- To ensure all work is carried out in accordance to the relevant H&S legislation and Codes of Practice.
- Participate in ongoing professional development and training.
- To ensure all raw materials and packaging materials are stored in the correct areas of the site.
- To ensure all production and quality records are completed accurately and on time.
- To ensure all traceability requirements are fully complied with
- Where relevant, carry out activities required by the accredited FSQMS.
- To receive deliveries and check supplier invoices in accordance with the company systems/procedures.
- To assist where necessary in collating traceability information.
- Carry out projects or other tasks as requested by the Site Manager.
- Embrace and actively participate in the Zero Harm culture.
- Level 2 Food Safety Qualification
- COSHH Training
- Level 2 H & S Qualification
- Full, UK driving licence and have at least 12 months driving experience and no more than 6 points
- Team player
- Customer focused
- Excellent communication
- “Can do”attitude
- Able to commit to a variety of shift patterns
- Self-motivated and practical
- Embraces and complies with the Zero Harm culture
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter stating which position you are applying for to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to Work With Us