South West Larder, a Somerset Business Award winner, is growing. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Catering Apprentice to join our team based at HPC within the Food and Beverage areas.
South West Larder offers a generous benefits package which includes:
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Ongoing Learning, Development & Training
· Free meal during shift
· Additional hour paid per day for travelling to HPC site
· Access to Occupational Health
· Cycle Scheme
· Pension Scheme (5% matched)
Somerset Larder are proud to have supported our clients, remaining fully operational despite the recent challenges for the catering and hospitality sector, thus creating a stable and safe environment for our workforce.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
1. To assist in the preparation and cooking of food
2. To serve meals, snacks & drinks
3. Processes customer payments.
4. To clean all equipment, crockery & cutlery as required.
5. Support, operate and provide service in areas including but not limited to:
Serveries, Retail, Hospitality, Functions, Coffee Shops.
6. To ensure all food is handled in accordance with the standards specified in the Food Safety & Quality Management System (FSQMS).
7. To carry out and record any checks specified by the Supervisor, Chef Manager or Unit Manager.
8. To ensure all waste is removed promptly and placed in the correct waste containers in accordance with site waste management plan.
9. To carry out tasks in the most efficient manner, considering any production or allergen constraints, to meet customer orders.
10. To participate as a HACCP (Hazzard Analysis and Critical Control Points) team member if required.
11. To ensure all work is carried out in accordance to the relevant Health and Safety legislation and codes of practice.
12. Participate in ongoing professional development and training that may include off-site and occasionally overnight travel.
13. To ensure all raw materials and packaging materials are stored in the correct areas of the site.
14. To ensure all production and quality records are completed accurately and on time.
15. To assist where necessary in collating traceability information and ensure that all traceability requirements are fully complied with.
16. Where relevant, carry out activities required by the accredited FSQMS.
17. To receive deliveries and check supplier invoices in accordance with the company systems and procedures.
18. Carry out projects or other tasks as requested by the Unit Manager.
19. Support the hospitality function of the business by preparing for events and delivering excellent customer service.
20. Support the retail outlets and coffee shops within the business, including promoting the business and offering excellent customer service.
21. Embrace and actively participate in the Zero Harm culture.
- Togetherness – “Be a tractor not a trailer.”
- Nurture – “You grow, I grow, we grow.”
- Pride – “We can and we will”
- Planet – “We’re part of a bigger picture”
The company recognises most people will demonstrate the company values consistently and within the vision of “Nourishing the Community”.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter stating which position you are applying for to: email@example.com
Our Head Office is based in North Petherton, why not drop in for a chat about current opportunities between 8am-5:30pm Monday – Friday.
Successful applicants will be required to provide a three year employment history and five year address history, and must be able to evidence their right to work in the UK so that security clearance can be obtained as this role is associated with a nuclear regulated site.
Application deadline: 15/09/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
Salary: £16,000.00 per year