Who are we?
South West Larder brings together produce from some of the region’s best farmers, artisan food makers, coffee roasters and bakers – creating a variety of catering and food to go options for Somerset and the south west.
We provide full service, one stop catering using our Central Production Kitchen (CPK) and exclusive west country sourced products. A ‘from field to fork’ ethos working with more than 20 local food and drink producers ensures only the finest, locally sourced, products are used.
Overall Purpose of the Job
Are you target driven? Do you thrive in a busy environment? Then we have the job for you!
Due to continued growth at South West Larder we are looking for someone to hit the ground running by undertaking operational management and business development of the regional operations. You will be offering the team support and guidance towards achieving the highest attainable standards in the provision of customer service, hospitality whilst delivering financial targets.
You will take a consultative sales approach and utilise your knowledge of the foodservice sector to identify routes to market and customers. You will feel comfortable pitching for and developing new business relationships.
Key Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Duties
- Contribute to the attainment of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) within the Somerset Larder operation, alongside work colleagues and in line with the Strategic Aims and Business Objectives.
- Guide and oversee the work of the service teams for the consistent attainment and delivery of agreed technical service, professional hospitality and customer care standards through supportive and motivational management at all times.
- Build and maintain strong, long lasting client and customer relationships.
- Overseeing customer account management, including negotiating contracts to maximise business opportunities and increase operational profits.
- Prepare reports on operational performance identifying opportunities and potential cost savings.
- Ensure that the agreed services are carefully planned and delivered to the customer’s requirements and agreed quality standards.
- Ensure that Health & Safety standards and requirements are followed and monitored within the work of the service teams, in line with best practice, policy and procedures, reporting to or liaising with Senior Management Team as necessary for guidance.
- Manage and monitor the effective performance of the team, discreetly ensuring continuous professional staff conduct and performance, whilst referring particular matters of concern to Senior Management Team.
- Undertake responsibility to ensure that professional communication amongst the teams is undertaken within the workplace.
- Participate with colleagues in a regularly convened catering staff briefings.
- Work & liaise effectively & supportively with all other colleagues & departments in the interests of contributing to a professional work environment.
- Assist across the operational boundaries within Somerset Larder functional areas, in-keeping with the role and/or working development opportunities.
- Assist with the training and development of service staff in line with the agreed operating standards and continual developments, for attainment of agreed/ required skills & knowledge to enable consistent delivery of service quality standards.
- Identify areas of business and service development in order to maximise business and sales potential whist delivering agreed profit margins.
- Actively seek out new business opportunities that fit with South West Larder Operations and business ethos.
- Ensure that all personal actions are in line with the overall environmental aims of, undertaking all tasks in an environmentally sustainable manner – promoting environmental sustainability where opportunity presents.
Essential Attributes and Requirements:
- QCF Level 3 professional qualification (BTEC or equivalent) in relevant hospitality/business subject or professional qualification/s and/or demonstrable professional skills and knowledge gained through relevant industry experience.
- Level 3 Food Hygiene qualification.
- A current, sound knowledge and awareness of the key issues affecting the high street and retail industry in its entirety, including those pertinent and particular to this role and its organisational environment.
- Retail service and management skills gained in a similar environment, providing services on a similar scope and scale.
- A working knowledge of operational compliance for Health & Safety Regulations related to retail and catering business operations, including an up-to-date knowledge of the latest requirements.
- Sound written communication skills commensurate with the requirements the post.
- IT literate with a good understanding of industry –relevant software systems and processes.
- Trainer-training qualification or proven understanding of principles through experience.
- Strong communicator with emotional intelligence who can adapt to the customer you are working with to negotiate effectively.
- Influencing skills, in relation to supervising staff, gained within a similar role in a comparable working environment.
- Demonstrable knowledge and skills of managing customer service excellence, including sound customer liaison skills, on a similar scope and scale.
- Evidence of readily accepting individual accountability and effective use of initiative.
- Ability to manage and prioritise own workload in meeting requirements/deadlines on a similar scope and scope.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like to find out more, please email email@example.com and send us a copy of your CV and a covering letter explaining any previous experience, why you are applying for the role, and what you feel you can bring to Somerset Larder.Back to Work With Us