South West Larder: Togetherness, Nurture, Pride, Planet
Full Time: 39 hours per week on a flexible shift pattern
Salary: £30,949 per annum, plus salary enhancements for weekend work
Location: Sedgemoor Campus
South West Larder is an award-winning company, using locally sourced food to supply catering services and food-to-go options across the southwest. This is an exciting time to join our business, as we are constantly growing and expanding our reach.
Our campus hospitality operation is comprised of bar, kitchen and restaurant staff. Our Chef Managers and Front of House Managers ensure each aspect of our hospitality and catering service is consistently delivered to a high standard.
South West Larder offers a generous benefits package which includes:
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Flexible shift options
- Ongoing Learning, Development & Training
- Access to Occupational Health
- Cycle Scheme
- Pension Scheme (5% matched)
- Free Meal on Shift
- Weekend Enhancements
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
Reporting to and supporting the Bar Manager, you will ensure our bar service is maintained to the utmost standard, ensuring all food and drinks are delivered on time and that all bar equipment and facilities are being correctly maintained.
This is a varied role, where you’ll also support the Bar Manager and the Front of House Manager in planning and improving our bar service, which will also give you the opportunity to be involved in the implementation of new products or services.
At busy times, you’ll have General Catering Assistants helping with the bar service, so you’ll need to be someone who can coach and support those who may not be familiar with bar experience. We are invested in nurturing and developing our staff; as a supervisor you will be approachable and happy to lead others in their development.
You’ll also have access to our training courses, and we will support your progression with Somerset Larder in order to grow your experience.
There is a requirement to demonstrate and champion South West Larders Values in every aspect of your role:
· Togetherness – “Be a tractor, not a trailer!”
· Nurture – “You grow, I grow, We grow”
· Pride – “We can and we will!”
· Planet – “We’re part of a bigger picture”
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
· Supervisory bar experience
· Strong customer service skills
· The ability to motivate and lead by example
· A flexible approach to working hours/days
· Resilience and the ability to work well in demanding or time-sensitive situations
· Food safety Level 2
· Health & Safety level 2
· Knowledgeable about allergens
· IT/digital abilities including MS office and EPOS/tillsBack to Work With Us