Job Title: Assistant HR Manager
Salary: £39,876 + Discretionary Quarterly Bonus Scheme
Location: North Petherton, Bridgwater
Somerset Larder is an award-winning company, using locally sourced food to supply catering services and food-to-go options across the southwest. This is an exciting time to join our business, as we are constantly growing and expanding our reach: About – Somerset Larder
We are looking for an experienced Assistant HR Manager to work closely with the Head of HR to develop and execute the HR/People Plan for South West Larder within the vision of “nourishing the community”.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Working closely with managers to support business growth, planning and operational performance and practice.
- Engaging in confidential, sensitive, and complex HR advice, guidance and coaching with managers
- Advancing company wide initiatives that support the business and HR/People Plan
- Managing, coaching and developing the HR and recruitment team
- Leading the approaches to recruitment and onboarding and building the talent pipeline
- Collecting, reporting and analysing people data, identifying trends, and making business focused recommendations
- Leading HR projects on change/restructuring, reward and recognition, TUPE, new systems/technology, values/behaviours, employee experience etc
- Designing and delivering short training programmes and manager workshops and HR policy topics
The role would suit a qualified (level 5) HR/People professional with a broad range of HR knowledge across the breadth of HR. Good employment law knowledge and strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
Rewards and Benefits
We have a whole host of excellent benefits including a generous pension contribution, 33 days’ holiday (including bank holidays), a free lunch and cycle scheme. We also make your mental health and wellbeing a priority by providing free access to an Employee Assistance Helpline and an Occupational Health service.
At South West Larder, our Values have been set by our staff. Our Values exist for the good of our working lives and company performance:
- Togetherness – “Be a tractor not a trailer.”
- Nurture – “You grow, I grow, we grow.”
- Pride – “We can and we will”
- Planet – “We’re part of a bigger picture”
Good to know:
Successful applicants will be required to provide a three-year employment history and five-year address history in order to work as part of the Hinkley Point C project and must be able to evidence their right to work in the UK so that security clearance can be obtained as this role is linked to a nuclear regulated site.Back to Work With Us